Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 3 at the MTC

Hola!

Okay, So I gotta be quick. Umm, so I wish I could tell you something really cool and exciting but every day is exactly the same here. Nothing really changes. Oh except a girl in my district got swine flu, so we all have to take medication, I hope I don’t get it, or I’ll be mad. She's the girl that is going to Iowa too.

So seriously I can't think of what to talk about. I'm slowly getting better at the language... but It's really really tough. It’s completely different from learning a musical or play script. There is way too much to learn and way too many rules. At times I really struggle with it so please pray that I will understand. It's taking a little longer than I would hope.

I'm really learning a lot when it comes to the gospel though. And my testimony grows so much every day. OH, We did this really cool thing here, it’s called the RC or the referral center. On momon.org People can chat with live missionaries to learn more about the gospel, and once or twice a week I am one of those missionaries. We chat with them and answer their questions about the gospel. Sometimes we even get on the phone with them. They make requests for free books of Mormon and Bibles or dvds and we complete the orders. I called a 72 year old man from Texas who wanted the Bible and I also got him to accept a book of Mormon. We can refer missionaries to these people too in their area which is really cool.

That was probably the most exciting thing that has happened this week. Every day is seriously the same! It is wayyy tooo much of a repetition. I can't wait to get out to the field. I just wish I knew the language. Please pray that I will get it down. It really just comes with time too, so maybe one of these days I'll just get it.

Keep writing. Actually you guys should each get be assigned a day so I get a letter everyday! cuz that'd be awesome. And if you want to write me more than once a week then please do! I love you all a ton and I have to go! But we'll talk soon! Much love!

~ELDER HOLMAN

No comments:

Post a Comment