Another week gone by! Whattayaknow!
How is the fam?!?! I miss you guys tons! Every time I look at pictures of you guys it makes me miss you more, but I'm not trunky! I love being a missionary! It’s the best time of your life! Oh it just rocks!
So what’s new on the home front?
I don't really have a ton to talk about today. The week went by slow and fast at the same time. It was good though. We had a lot of lessons fall through this week so that sucks... so not many stories to tell. We didn't meet with M and S this week (whom I've mentioned in the past) they haven't been feeling so good. We did have a sweet lesson on the restoration with an African French family this past week. We brought members with us to translate. They told us that they believe we have the same faith as them (of course we haven't taught them about Joseph Smith yet) But they really liked what we shared and want to come to church. They are such a great family. And I'm picking up a little French too know so that’s cool! :)
In other news... since our plans have been falling through so much, we've been trying to do a lot of less Active work (which is difficult) and trying to find more investigators. We tracted for like 5 hours the other day! We met so many new people and made tons of appointments! Some really promising people. One thing I've really been trying to do is share more testimony at the door instead of the regular old ~we're missionaries for the church blah blah and we share a message etc.
We knocked on a door, and this black gangsta wearin’ his doo-rag came to the door. I shared the regular old intro and then asked him if we could come back and teach him. He said… and no... this stuff just ain't for me you guys… I don't get into this sh**. So then I bore my testimony on how important Christ is, and about the restoration of the gospel and prophets and how all this blesses families. He still told me he wasn't interested and that I was wasting my time. So I pulled out a pass along card with Christ’s picture on it, gave it to him and walked away. I heard him chuckle slightly as we were walking away... he started to close the door and stopped. We were almost at the next house when he said: Hey! Wait, do you guys do this stuff often. We said: Always. Then he said: How often are you in this area? And we said: whenever you want. haha... he smiled and shook his head and said... Come back on Thursday would you? 5:00 o’clock would work best for me.
So that was just kind of a cool example of how bearing testimony to everyone we can create great missionary opportunities. I am really excited to meet with this guy. His name is T, I hope it all goes well.
So ya, we've done a ton of tracting this past week, met several new investigators, so I think the work is really gonna pick up. The more you tract, the more work you have to do. We have several solid return appointments!
So yesterday was Stake Conference in Iowa City! It was such a great meeting. There is always such a strong spirit when many saints gather together to worship :) When they were going through the callings I swear I heard a Brinton named... I'm wondering if it might have been sally's son. Easily could have been. You should ask her, I would have liked to have talked to him, but I never saw him, so I didn't know who to talk to. But ya, yesterday was a great day.
Well I don't have a ton to share today. The week has been good, but not a lot has happened.
I love you all so so so much!
~Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment