Hey Family! How are you doing? Great I hope! It's been quite a while, a good week and a half at least haha. Well hey, guess what its time for... Transfers! Dun Dun Dun! Well, I got the call this week from president. He's called me to greenie bust a boy in Perry Iowa and serve as the District Leader. My next companions name is Elder Rojas! He is native, but from Utah I think. He speaks Spanish fluently, which will be awesome, because I have been struggling lately. Not much Spanish work and not many people to practice on.. unfortunately. But I'm excited for next transfer, because not only will I be able to practice with him, but half of the Perry Branch is Spanish! YAY! haha.. I miss the Spanish culture and can't wait to be around it more... I haven't really seen too much of it since Hampton. But I hear there will be plenty of people to practice on there! I'm pumped!
It's been so cool to serve in Muscatine! I am gonna miss it so much, but I am ready for a change. It's sad to leave though, I definitely want to pass through, maybe come to church here with you guys when you come pick me up. It just such a solid ward! I shared my testimony on Sunday and as I did so I felt so much love from so many of the members. I love them so much. I will always have a special place in my heart for this town and the people here.
Wow.. I am not looking forward to packing... It totally sucks. I feel like I have accumulated so much junk in this area and I don't know what to do about it haha, I'll probably just leave a ton of it here haha. My little green suitcase broke. I had to go out and buy a new one. I'm gonna miss my apartment so bad. It is the nicest place in the mission other than the Assistants place. I lucked out to serve here for 6 T's and have my own shower and toilet. Man its gonna suck going back to sharing! Oh well, builds companionship unity I guess...haha
Well, this past week has been good. We had several people to church on Sunday. I set a baptismal date on Monday with a girl and her mother who have been coming to church randomly lately. It was a great lesson. They'll probably get baptized in about a month. I love how all the baptismal dates I set, I never am there to see them get baptized. It's sometimes a bummer, because I do all this work with people and then others are the ones who get to see the success, but I guess It doesn't matter. I was reading through my P-blessing the other day... It talks about my mission and it couldn't be more right but It tells me that I will successfully add To others understanding in Christ and in his gospel. I truly feel that I have achieved that and I am Achieving it, and So I can take comfort that whether I see the baptisms or not, I am serving my mission the way God wants me to, I am adding and helping others to understand what truly is important in life and what they need.
Well, I have a rather large day ahead of me... lots and lots of packing, And I need to go visit a million people and give them thank you cards! I can't wait to come back here with all of you :) Well I love all of you and hope you're all doing well! I hope to hear from you soon! :)
Much love,
~Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment