Tuesday, March 29, 2011

HeY fAmIlY!

How's it going guys!?

Hope you had a good week :) Its been kind of a long one haha.. but enjoyable.

We did several exchanges this week with Zone Leaders and District Leaders. On Tuesday I was in Boone, IA, with Elder Reid and Elder Hale. We had a really good exchange. We did a bit of tracting, went out to a town in the middle of nowhere, taught a recently reactivated member who got the Mel. priesthood. He was nice. Later we went and checked up on another potential, and this guy talked our ears off for like more than an hour... it was so tough to get out of there. If there is one thing I've learned about Iowa people, it’s that sometimes, they just won't shut up! hahaha... they love missionaries because they know that we are some of the best listeners out there! That night we taught one of their baptismal dates in a member’s home. I'll tell ya, teaching investigators in member’s homes makes such an amazing difference. The Spirit is already there and you have instant back up and support if things aren't going how you'd have them go. It was a solid lesson. There were a lot of tornado warnings this past week. I heard the alarms in Des Moines were going off like crazy. I heard that in Winterset Iowa, several houses got torn apart. In fact one in particular... their house was burned down a year ago and they were building it back up and the tornado came and tore it down, sad –that’s twice. God must not want them to live there or something. But ya, I was safe! No worries! I kinda wanted to see a tornado! But oh well..

Wednesday we did more exchanges with a DL and his companion. Elder W and Elder J. It went well... Kind of a long day. We have such a tough area... it’s a really rich area and so all the men (Doctors, Lawyers, Students, Etc) are gone during the day and so its impossible to do teaching appointments. I don't really like doing exchanges in our area cuz there just hasn't been too much to do in the past..

On Thursday we had a great district meeting with Elder D! Good guy :) Later on I worked on the going home missionaries slide show for the rest of the night. I didn't make too much progress as only some of the missionaries had sent me their pictures ... so I went trying to find all their pictures and all that. I’ll have to finish that up tomorrow.

Yesterday I went back to my old Area for exchanges with the new ZL's; Elder B and Elder R (one of my past companions) That was fun! They are a good companionship... I didn't get any sleep last night as they both snore and talk in their sleep like crazy, and I'm really starting to feel tired as a result... but no worries.. welcome to the life of an assistant ... no sleep. haha it's okay.. who needs it anyway ;)

So ya, not too much is new.. I have a busy week ahead of me. 2 trips to the Nauvoo temple, transfer planning, moving an office couple, possibly some exchanges.. etc. just a lot of fun stuff :)

Hope you're all doing well.. mom I think you asked my release date.. its July 1, 2011.

Pretty soon.. crazy!

Well love you guys, hope all is well at home.. I'd love an update sometime! Talk to you soon.

Much love,

~Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment