Hey everybody,
How ya'll doing? Great I hope. I'm feeling pretty sick right now actually... really congested, bad allergies and such. I had a throbbing headache last night and my head feels like its about to explode! Other than that things are good! :)
Its been a rather average week… nothing too exciting. In fact a little bit boring. We had staff meetings as usual, made a ton of calls. We had one full day of work that was nice this week since we haven't been able to do that in ages! We have one really promising investigator. His name is K H. He has a baptismal date is for the 28th of May. He's making a lot of good progress and he knows the gospel is true! He's a nice guy.
I went to Iowa City this week for exchanges, which was a lot of fun! The zone Leaders didn't have a lot planned.. so we did a bit of tracting. It was sweet though because we found the most awesome 18 year old ever. His name is E. In the first 3 minutes of our contact he didn't seem to promising but all of a sudden he really opened up and we ended up having an hour long conversation on his doorstep about the gospel. He was intrigued by the end and wants to learn as much as he possibly can. We gave/explained the book of Mormon and he was way excited about it! He'll get baptized for sure. We also gave him a mormon.org card and encouraged him to check it out. I think that’s something that would be fun for all of you to do too. Maybe you can do it as a family night activity. Create a profile on mormon.org. Its a great website and its getting a lot of hits from investigators. We had a sweet dinner that night with an old man who was converted to the gospel a couple years ago.. he was so funny and has the most sincere testimony ever!
The next day we went to Cedar Rapids for a district meeting. It was a great one! The spirit was really strong!
Hey I got the DVD for MADD! It was really good! Mom and Dad, you two are naturals! You should be movie stars!! haha, the kids were all really good too! Fun stuff! I just fast forwarded through all the stuff and stopped it when it got to our family! Pretty good stuff :)
I was rather sick yesterday. It was kind of a boring day… we helped move some missionaries out of an apartment and such, we went to a couple appointments, and came home.. I really wasn't feeling well, hopefully I recover soon!
I hope everyone at home is well. I miss you all tons!
I'll be talkin to you in a week. Do you want me to use skype? or should I just call you.. I guess i'm fine either way… just let me know! Pretty exciting :)
Write me back!
Love,
~Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment