Saturday, July 2, 2011

June 25th

Well, family...

This is it. The last weekly letter you will read before you see me in the flesh! MAN I'M PUMPED! I cannot wait to see all of you! But I will have you know that I am not trunky...

I love this work... It means so much to me. And you could never understand how I feel about it unless you served a mission. It has meant everything to me. And I want it to mean everything to my little brothers and my future sons. This is the greatest gift God can give to a young man; an opportunity to serve him for 2 years has been the most difficult and most rewarding thing I have done in my entire lifetime. I will say that I am not a perfect missionary, I never have been, just like I am not a perfect person. But as I have made mistakes I have grown. My testimony is strong and secure. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is Gods work. I have participated in fulfilling Gods purpose, To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. There is no greater feeling than helping God complete his will. I have had great opportunities to grow in the gospel, as a priesthood holder, a teacher, and a leader, which will lead me to being a successful father.

If my mission has taught me one thing, it is that God is in charge. Missions are hard, so is life but He does everything for a reason, and your mission is to try and understand what you are supposed to learn from it. He will give you trials because he will desire you to be humble. He will let you experience opposition so that the greatest joys and positivity will seem even greater in life. He gives us sickness so that we will show gratitude for health. He sends dangerous rain/snow storms so that we can show greater appreciation for the peaceful sunny afternoons. All negativity and opposition is an opportunity for a strengthened testimony and the greatest enjoyment life has to offer. There is no comfort in growth, and there is no growth in comfort.

Well, it has been a busy week. We had a lot going on in the office again on Monday. That was boring… haha But we found a great African family to teach.. I'm pretty sure they will all get baptized... they are ready for the gospel and they are all coming to church on Sunday! I'm so excited.

Still making great progress with T! I probably wont be here for his baptism, he's still gotta hear some more lessons and make a few changes in life, but he is completely willing and ready. He will be baptized :)

Tuesday I took my last trip to Nauvoo the beautiful. The spirit is strong there. I can't help but receive a strengthened testimony of the truth every time I go there. I will miss it. Elder Dahl is the new AP and we brought him with us! It was a great trip! :)

Wednesday was a lot of office stuff. I helped sister J make the going home slide show, finished up with that and had a couple good appointments that evening.

Thursday and Friday were once again amazing experiences as we worked on transfers! I love President and Sister Jergensen with all my heart. They are simply some of the most amazing people I have ever met in my entire life. President shared with us his tender feelings for each missionary Friday morning and you couldn't help but feel the spirit of charity as thick as humidity in the room. He told us that he prays for us individually, as companionships, and areas Daily. THE WHOLE MISSION. The spirit immediately testified to me that what he had said was true and that he loved each of us very much. It brought tears to my eyes. I want to be like President Jergensen someday.

Today has been good! We played some basketball, got haircuts (MINE IS SUPER SHORT... YIKES) haha shopping, the usual. I'm gonna start packing today.. CRRaazZY!

Well I love you all! I've been praying for Star. I hope all goes well with her. Regardless of what happens star, you know we love you and you can take comfort in knowing that your life is in gods hands, whatever he gives you, take it and run with it with a smile on your face, and that will make all the difference. He knows what’s going on, and all will work out for the best. Trust me.

Well, I look forward to seeing you, in 6 days. It will be grand! I have greatly appreciated your prayers on my behalf and your support. It has been the best two years, and I have God and my family to thank for that.

Peace, Love, & Temple Marriage,

~Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment