Friday, January 30, 2015

Elder Holman at the MTC - Jan 29th


Hi family,

This week has been awesome. The MTC in Spain is a beautiful place.  We got here at like 4 in the afternoon last Thursday and they fed us and we had a devotional and it was great but i was super tired. All the Spanish i started learning in high school has started to come back to me now and it helps because my morning teacher only speaks Spanish. So i have really good practice with speaking everyday. I got my companion last week, his name is elder Gozart and he is from Vancouver, Washington. He´s a pretty cool kid a little quiet but we get along great.

Last Saturday all the missionaries here went proselyting in the park in the center of Madrid. It is beautiful and there is a lot of culture there. Today we get to go the equivalent of Hollywood boulevard in Madrid, so that should be cool. My district is super cool, super good for me.

My day at the MTC is awesome, we do lots of study but we get to have gym everyday for an hour, which is super nice. There are a ton of cool elders and hermanas here. Everyone has some pretty cool stories. There are a bunch of elders that come to this MTC to learn Russian and next week were getting some Russians who are coming to train for three weeks. My district is really funny they appreciate toilet humor almost as much as I do. But they are also super smart and fast learners so I feel a little out of depth but i´ll learn how to run with the best of them. In the MTC we get to teach role-play lessons and those have started going really well. We have to teach completely in Spanish and it´s amazing how well the gift of tongues works. I feel it everyday when we´re learning.  I’m trying to 10X my Spanish and gospel study while I’m here so I’m ready when we get out into the field. Proselyting in the park is super useful cause it´s helping me figure out a really good missionary approach. So far what I do is walk up and ask ‘em if they can help me with Spanish. They love to help you, especially if you compliment their clothes first. And then we give them a Book of Mormon and explain the church to them a little. So its helpful in letting us know what to work on.

I’m running out of time so I will be sure to email you next Thursday. Thank you for the letters.

love you all. Con mucho amor.

-Elder Holman




No comments:

Post a Comment