Thursday, June 4, 2015

Hello from La Linea June 1, 2015


Hello Family!

Glad to see you guys are doing well. Looks like a lot has been happening this past week, I can't believe that Ellie is crawling; she doesn't seem old enough yet. I enjoyed getting all the photos from you guys. I saved a bunch so that I could show people here. People like to see photos of our families.  Mom how do you like the new car? What do you little boys have planned for this summer so far? Is anyone doing the swim team? Chance, I'm excited to here that you're doing a triathlon. Hope you have a happy birthday this week as well - send me pictures!

This past week has been great! One of our friends, Antonio, invited us over to teach us how to make paiaya. He is an older guy, he just got Baptized this last month and yesterday I got to confer upon him the priesthood during church. He makes it really well and put in a lot of seafood. It was super good until I realized that the shrimp hadn't been cleaned properly and I was eating a bunch of poop!!! So that was good and I wanted to puke, I must have a pretty strong stomach though because my comp got sick and I didn't...  I also got to go to Algeciras this past week to work with some missionaries there. It was super fun and we got tot teach an English class there which was super weird. All of the People in Spain learn the English from Great Britain and so they sound better than we do. Heck I think I learned more English from them!

On Wednesday we went to do a service project in the morning at the homeless shelter. When we got there a children's choir from Gibraltar was performing, it reminded me of William. The funniest part was that the director was sooo into it! She was jumping up and down and acting super weird, at one point she just started clapping her hands and pointing at random kids, they all looked terrified.  After it was over they put me and my comp to work with a new painting project. That night Dani and Estrellita invited us over for pizza too and so we spent the night visiting people in Gibraltar.

Yesterday we had a really cool discussion with our friend Kevin about family history. He's really into that and has found ancestors going back to 365 A.D. And beyond.  It's really cool to think that there is missionary work that we can be doing for those who have passed on.  It's cool to think that they want to be found and God wants them to be found as well. Now in our days we have the power to do the work for them and as we do it we begin to connect with them and their stories are able to help us in our daily lives.  Look under Mormon messages in the gospel library app and you'll be able to see a video at the top called "family history - what I found" it's a cool one to look at for family night.  As well as a scripture in Malachi 4:5-6. It is a testimony that this is Gods true church, the bible said that God would send Elijah the prophet who would turn the hearts of the children to their fathers and Elijah has been revealed. He appeared to the prophet Joseph Smith and restored the Priesthood keys needed to perform the ordinances needed to save those beyond the grave.  As Latter Day Saints we have a responsibility to find our ancestors.

I love you guys sooo much, thank you for the letters that you've sent me, I love hearing about your weeks and lifts my spirit to know that God is taking care of you all. As we trust in Him he always provides us with the peace and confidence that we need to get through life.  Remember that as you go throughout this next week. Love you!

-Elder Holman

Sent from my iPad

P.S.
Wait!? Did I mention I have an iPad??

Haha we picked up the ipads this past week in Cadiz! Missionary work is changing faster and faster. We have the entire gospel library and videos on there. It's super cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment