Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Hola! Juen, 29 2015


Helloooo All,

Thank you so much for the letters it's super fun to hear from everyone. Sounds like a good week. Chance, I can't wait to hear all about Oklahoma and what happened at this Family Reunion! Thanks so much for sending me pictures of Ellie everyone. She's so pretty and when I saw the picture of her in the backyard I didn't know where she was at first so whoever is doing the yard work is doing a great job. I didn't hear anything more about Camp Tracy from the little ones so if J and B want to tell me about that I'd love to hear about it. William I heard you got bit by a spider, if you wake up with up huge muscles and web slinging abilities I would advise you not to tell anyone about that. It will make it easier for you to keep your identity a secret when you fight bad guys. I'm jealous that you guys get to celebrate the Fourth of July! I'm going to miss the LA trip this year but I want to see photos of it. If someone could send me GG, Holly, and Tony's email addresses that would be great too!




 Here in Spain we've had a pretty fun week. Monday was a blast and a half. Me and all the other elders got permission to go to a fair that was in Algeciras for an Hour with the members from our branch. We got to ride on a roller coaster that was SUPER fun. It was called the Inverter and it was basically a giant spinning swing that went all the way around and so we went upside down and all. Then we went over to a members house to celebrate her birthday. Her name is Patricia and her daughter is a returned missionary and makes the best meat in the world! We ended up being out late and so we slept over in Algeciras.

Tuesday was like others and so we had District Meeting as usual and then after our Medio Dia we went out to visit a few of the friends that we have in La Linea. Really nothing super exciting happened that day except for I saw a guy who was just walking down the street in a towel! No clothes he just covered up and decided to go for a walk downtown. haha forget the people of Walmart the people of Spain are Way Better!

Wednesday was really nice. We went over and met with our friends from France, Dolores and Mimon. We talked to them about the plan of salvation and then Dolores told us that she would come to church with us but that she wants us to go to a Catholic Mass with her first. So we might be doing that in the near future. We also got to meet with our friend Lubo from Bulgaria. He came to church with us this Sunday and liked it a lot. With iPads it's made it so much easier to teach him because we've been able to translate scriptures and show videos so that he can understand the message more completely.

Thursday we went to Gibraltar. We went and saw a few people there and we also went and got pizza with Daniel and Estrellita. (I think you saw the photos) It's so nice to have a break and speak English in the middle of the week. I'm going to miss it because this week might be my final week in this area! We get transfer calls this coming Saturday and so I'll find out then. In per news my Mission President leaves tomorrow and we get President Anderson coming. We're going to Sevilla this next Friday to meet him.

Friday and Saturday were kind of uneventful we went to Gibraltar in the mornings to find friends and for our missionary correlation meeting and then worked all of the evenings. We did see a miracle on Saturday night though. We hadn't been able to find our friend Marcio for a very long time and so on Saturday I said a prayer that we would be able to find him that evening and do all that we could. So we went out and we called him. We went and looked him up so we could go by his house. And still couldn't and just when we were about to give up we saw him walking down the street and were able to meet with him on Saturday night. He invited us to go on a train ride around with him and his niece and so we did. It was a big answer to my prayers. The train was super weird I'd never seen it before but apparently it goes around town every night!

Sunday we went to church and then for the evening we drove with Fernando to Cadiz for a Stake Priesthood Conference. We got to see a lot of the other missionaries from our zone their and the stake President gave a wicked talk and we heard from a few returned missionaries.

For family night there is a scripture I wanted to share win you that has particularly caught my attention this past week. It's found in 1 Nephi 21:15-16 (Isaiah Chapters. Don't worry, this one is easy to explain!) It says:

15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.

16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

As impossible as it seems for a mother to forget her child it is even more impossible for Jesus Christ to forget about us. He knows us all personally and knows our trials and our strengths and weaknesses. He knows when we are trying our best and that we are not perfect, but he loves us and sees us for our full potential. He has graven us upon his hands and he can never forget us. And he's there to help us when we ask for him in our prayers. A cool video called "None Were With Him" that you can search on Mormon channel too that goes along perfectly with it. I hope you like it as much as I do. None Were with Him (4:24)

I love you all so much. Thanks so much for the Letters and keep them coming please. Starlee Happy 25(???) Birthday. I hope all your hopes and wishes come true! Send me pictures! You are all in my prayers always and I'm very grateful for all of yours. Good luck this next week in everything you’re all doing. Little boys stay out of trouble! And learn to play the piano in your free time. It helps on the mission!

Con mucho Amor
Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment