Hi Family,
It's so good to hear from all of you this past week, thank you for the Emails and letting me know about yours lives back home. I really do enjoy reading them every week and looking at the pictures you send. I'm glad to hear that every one is doing well and having fun. I liked the pix I got from six flags from the Older boys, and the ones from the Bergman Road trip, thank you for those!
This week has really just been another week on the mission. We didn't do anything super exciting but we had a lot of fun. On Monday we spent Pday in Cadiz. I didn't know this, but it is the oldest City in all of Europe! And It is Beautiful! It's built right on the ocean, the streets are super narrow and the buildings tall. It feels like you walking in slot canyons when your there. I think that you can probably find some good images on Google for it and I'll send you what I can. If you ever come to Spain It's a must visit Place! We went and visited some botanical gardens right next to the ocean! It was super pretty and a lot of the trees looked like they belonged in Tarzan.
Tuesday was a regular day in the mission with not a lot going on. We basically just did what Missionaries do and Talked to Everyone! This week was a really good week for us cause we were finding a lot of people. Every day we saw a few miracles and met new people who invited us over to talk with them more. It's been really good for us. Right now we're teaching a lady from Nigeria named Ruby. She talked with missionaries a long time ago and yesterday she came to church with us and told us that she loved it a lot. She's had a lot of questions about religion in the past and shes finding the answers now.
This past week we also went and had lunch with of our spiritualist friends Paul and David. They started telling us our fortunes and stories of things they've found on the travels. Seriously they have been everywhere! They told us they used to work in a bank in London and so we've come up with a joke that they robbed the bank and are just hiding out in Spain. We taught them about the plan of Salvation and they loved it and it made the most sense than anything they had heard before. They're really good guys!
On Thursday we got to go to a members house during Medio Dia. It was a paradise in the middle of the countryside about 20 minutes outside of Chiclana. It was Classic with green grass, a pool, (that we didn't swim in) and a big zip line! The family has 5 boys and 3 of them have served missions, two in Utah and 1 in Argentina! So we got to talk about Utah things with them and they made us super good barbecue. It was cool and then we also taught English classes that night. It's actually super fun to do. We learn Spanish from the natives and they learn English and we have fun talking in both.
Best part of this last week though was definitely Friday! The Senior Missionary's in our zone, The Guffy's, came down to San Fernando and made us waffles for after our District meeting and they brought me some American stuff from the U.S. Air Force base in Rota! They are really cool. Elder Guffy is half deaf and so sometimes you'll say something to him and he'll respond by saying something completely crazy or unrelated. He also has a lot of funny sayings that he likes to tell us. I hadn't had waffles that good since I was back in America!
I had some fun in my scripture study this past week. I'm still in the Isaiah Chapters of Nephi but there are so many good things in those chapters that I'm starting to love them. It's no wonder that Christ gives us a commandment to study them. I have an Old Testament study guide in my apartment that explains a lot of his writing style and the Hebrew poetry and metaphors that Isaiah uses and really gives some physical evidence for why The Book of Mormon is true and proof that Joseph Smith was a Prophet (However the best proof you can receive is an answer through the Holy Ghost which is available to all who seek it.) I thought what I read this past week was super fitting because we just Celebrated Pioneer Day! In 2 Nephi 12:1-3 Isaiah Prophesies that in the Latter days Zion will be established in the Tops of the Mountains, that people will gather there and that from Zion the word of God will go out to the world. in our days these words have been Fulfilled. Christ's true church (Zion) has been established in the Tops of the Mountains (check out the meaning of Utah) And people from all over the world go there and visit the temple grounds. Also every year we have general conference where the Law and word of God goes forth unto all the world. Just thought that might be kind of a fun family night thought for Y'all. I invite you to continue to read the Book of Mormon and follow its councils and reap it's blessings. I think that it is one thing that I have gained the most appreciation for in my mission so far. I've met people who are changed by the Power
of the Book of Mormon and I know that it's power is real and available to all that seek it.
Well that's all I've got for you today. Thanks so much for everything you all do. Before I go I want to give a huge birthday shout out to Landen! One of the best Missionaries I know and He's not even on the Mission anymore. Every week he sends me new ideas and support that I never would've thought of and he's a boss at everything he does and has gift for winning friends and Influencing people! He's one of the most Christlike people I know. I love you buddy! And I love all the
rest of you too! I hope you have an awesome week and are able to survive all of the heat.
Hasta la Semana que viene
Con Mucho Amor
Elder Holman
It's so good to hear from all of you this past week, thank you for the Emails and letting me know about yours lives back home. I really do enjoy reading them every week and looking at the pictures you send. I'm glad to hear that every one is doing well and having fun. I liked the pix I got from six flags from the Older boys, and the ones from the Bergman Road trip, thank you for those!
This week has really just been another week on the mission. We didn't do anything super exciting but we had a lot of fun. On Monday we spent Pday in Cadiz. I didn't know this, but it is the oldest City in all of Europe! And It is Beautiful! It's built right on the ocean, the streets are super narrow and the buildings tall. It feels like you walking in slot canyons when your there. I think that you can probably find some good images on Google for it and I'll send you what I can. If you ever come to Spain It's a must visit Place! We went and visited some botanical gardens right next to the ocean! It was super pretty and a lot of the trees looked like they belonged in Tarzan.
Tuesday was a regular day in the mission with not a lot going on. We basically just did what Missionaries do and Talked to Everyone! This week was a really good week for us cause we were finding a lot of people. Every day we saw a few miracles and met new people who invited us over to talk with them more. It's been really good for us. Right now we're teaching a lady from Nigeria named Ruby. She talked with missionaries a long time ago and yesterday she came to church with us and told us that she loved it a lot. She's had a lot of questions about religion in the past and shes finding the answers now.
This past week we also went and had lunch with of our spiritualist friends Paul and David. They started telling us our fortunes and stories of things they've found on the travels. Seriously they have been everywhere! They told us they used to work in a bank in London and so we've come up with a joke that they robbed the bank and are just hiding out in Spain. We taught them about the plan of Salvation and they loved it and it made the most sense than anything they had heard before. They're really good guys!
On Thursday we got to go to a members house during Medio Dia. It was a paradise in the middle of the countryside about 20 minutes outside of Chiclana. It was Classic with green grass, a pool, (that we didn't swim in) and a big zip line! The family has 5 boys and 3 of them have served missions, two in Utah and 1 in Argentina! So we got to talk about Utah things with them and they made us super good barbecue. It was cool and then we also taught English classes that night. It's actually super fun to do. We learn Spanish from the natives and they learn English and we have fun talking in both.
Best part of this last week though was definitely Friday! The Senior Missionary's in our zone, The Guffy's, came down to San Fernando and made us waffles for after our District meeting and they brought me some American stuff from the U.S. Air Force base in Rota! They are really cool. Elder Guffy is half deaf and so sometimes you'll say something to him and he'll respond by saying something completely crazy or unrelated. He also has a lot of funny sayings that he likes to tell us. I hadn't had waffles that good since I was back in America!
I had some fun in my scripture study this past week. I'm still in the Isaiah Chapters of Nephi but there are so many good things in those chapters that I'm starting to love them. It's no wonder that Christ gives us a commandment to study them. I have an Old Testament study guide in my apartment that explains a lot of his writing style and the Hebrew poetry and metaphors that Isaiah uses and really gives some physical evidence for why The Book of Mormon is true and proof that Joseph Smith was a Prophet (However the best proof you can receive is an answer through the Holy Ghost which is available to all who seek it.) I thought what I read this past week was super fitting because we just Celebrated Pioneer Day! In 2 Nephi 12:1-3 Isaiah Prophesies that in the Latter days Zion will be established in the Tops of the Mountains, that people will gather there and that from Zion the word of God will go out to the world. in our days these words have been Fulfilled. Christ's true church (Zion) has been established in the Tops of the Mountains (check out the meaning of Utah) And people from all over the world go there and visit the temple grounds. Also every year we have general conference where the Law and word of God goes forth unto all the world. Just thought that might be kind of a fun family night thought for Y'all. I invite you to continue to read the Book of Mormon and follow its councils and reap it's blessings. I think that it is one thing that I have gained the most appreciation for in my mission so far. I've met people who are changed by the Power
of the Book of Mormon and I know that it's power is real and available to all that seek it.
Well that's all I've got for you today. Thanks so much for everything you all do. Before I go I want to give a huge birthday shout out to Landen! One of the best Missionaries I know and He's not even on the Mission anymore. Every week he sends me new ideas and support that I never would've thought of and he's a boss at everything he does and has gift for winning friends and Influencing people! He's one of the most Christlike people I know. I love you buddy! And I love all the
rest of you too! I hope you have an awesome week and are able to survive all of the heat.
Hasta la Semana que viene
Con Mucho Amor
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment