Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Just a little stomach flu . . .

Hey guys!

It's P-day! Once again, here we are. I hope all is well at home with family and friends.

Well, for me this week has not been quite as productive as I would have hoped. Monday evening I became really sick with the stomach flu... Anyway it ended up lasting about 3-4 days... So we did a lot of staying in the apartment. Not very fun. Elder Poulsen was probably bored out of his mind. He started playing himself in Monopoly and Sorry, I guess he was bored. I mostly slept, tried to get better. Sister Talbot told me to stay home so I could get better. A lot of people in the area are getting sick. Several in the ward actually have swine flu… yikes. I’m trying to stay healthy, haha.

Also, this week President came to our apartment to visit us and have interviews since we didn’t have them at our last zone conference. He is such an amazing guy. He always brings such an amazing spirit with him, and the second he leaves, you just wish he would stay. Anyway, we had great interviews and got pumped up again to go and do the work.

Not too much exciting is happening around here, just same old same old. We had a ton of people back at church yesterday, which was way exciting. We have a lot of less-actives we’re working with to get them back to church, and yesterday a lot of them came. It was also our ward/branch conference. It was so good. We had some amazing people from the stake who came to speak. The stake president gave the most amazing talk about how we are rescuers everyday when we share the gospel through our examples. He told some amazing stories. But Ya, its been a while since I felt the spirit really strong at church, but yesterday, I felt it big time. It was great and just what I needed.

In other news, Our new church should be done this month! Exciting. I’ll have to take pictures of both the old and new to show you guys. It’s hopefully going to bring a lot of people back once we have our actual own building!

Okay, as far as investigators go, Todd and Sandy are the bomb! Best investigators ever. The last time we went we had such a great experience! It was amazing. This guy and his wife had read all we assigned and started reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning! They said they were really enjoying it and that it stresses a lot of important things. Especially baptism. We talked about it a lot, and I asked them if they would be willing to start praying about baptism, the Book of Mormon and Joseph smith. They immediately and willingly accepted. We are going to challenge them to baptism tonight for sure. It’s so amazing, every time we walk in there, he starts asking us all these questions, and they all pertain to the lesson we are going to teach that day! It’s so cool. Like last time, we were going to teach him about the plan of salvation, and before we could even start, he started asking us about how in the bible, Jesus went to the spirits in prison and taught them, and he also talked about how the bible mentions a third heaven. We got way excited and told him that this was exactly what our lesson was about. After we shared it, he and his wife were convinced that it was true. They love having us over, and they are enjoying their journey to find truth. Pray for them, that they can receive answers about their questions. I have a good feeling that things will work out well for them.

Okay, well... next item of business. Spanish. It is so tough. So hard to understand sometimes. It’s frustrating, because I’m the kind of person who wants to get it all at once. But I am really having to practice patience. Spanish is coming very slowly to me, but I’m trying to speak it with elder Poulsen as much as I can for practice. I sometimes struggle to understand people, but sometimes I can understand them perfectly. Please pray for my ability to speak Spanish. It’s coming along.. slow.ly but surely, as always.

Well I miss everyone. I want to give a shout out to Brock, Coleson and William. I love you guys and miss you tons! I love it when I get letters from you :) it makes my day. I will hopefully get some time to write you guys today! Coleson, I’m so proud of your good part in savior of the world! And Brock, way to go on PTC, you're gonna be a star, I can feel it ;) Willy billy Lake! I love you and the rock you gave me. Every time I see it I think of you! Miss you tons!

Hey, whats everybody gonna be for Halloween? I'm gonna be a missionary! Scary huh?

haha, Alright well, I gots to go, But love ya all tons and look forward to hearing from you!

~ Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment