Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Closest game EVER

HEYYYYY!
Whats up guys? Not too much here. It’s actually been rather 'slow business' in the field for the past two weeks. So don't get too excited for the update. haha.
We have continued to have many people fall through in appointments. It’s tough, and rather disappointing. As members of the church we understand and realize how important the message and restoration of the gospel is. It’s so sad that others can't understand the true significance of what we are sharing. And many of those who are willing to listen aren't willing to act because they are so set in their ways. What I am trying to do as a missionary is teach by the spirit so that by some means I may have a way of opening their eyes of understanding. I want others to understand the blessings of knowledge our church has and how it can affect them in their everyday life, but it is just really hard for some people, especially in this day.
Elder Poulsen has told me that a lot of the time the first transfer is very successful because the greenie has so much faith, and our heavenly father rewards that faith with success, but also because of that faith, we can be more easily guided to those we need to teach. The second transfer (which is the one that I am in) is the test of faith, or trial of faith. We are definitely experiencing such things, but we are still truckin'! Doing our best to stay strong in this battle, keep the faith, and internalize our purpose! We will be successful. It just has a lot to do with the Lords timing, and patience.
We have had two good highlights this week. With Brenda, We have met with her 3 times this week! She is soooo ready to get wet and be baptized! Every lesson we teach her and every question we ask her, she always has a strong, spiritual response! She knows that it is true! She is just waiting for our new baptismal font to be done in the new church! And then she wants to be the first one in! She’s so awesome...and can I say amazing cook?!?! She has fed us 3 times this week. AMAZING. I haven’t always been the biggest fan of Mexican food, but being around Mexicans all the time.... I've been converted. Except for spicy things. I am just too much of a huero to handle it... It makes me sweat, cry, and steam out the ears ;) haha but ya. Brenda- LEGIT Investigator.
Next are Todd and Sandy. Fantastic investigators! They are always so eager to learn more. Todd is kind of a funny guy. He's always waiting at the door for when we pull up. He gets excited and bursts open the door and says: RUN! COME IN COME IN... haha the first time he did that cuz it was raining, but he's just kept the tradition I guess :) They are really progressing. They read the Book of Mormon as much as they do the Bible. Pretty dang dedicated. He says he can't find any contradictions and only things that increase our faith in the lord Jesus Christ. He studies it every morning with his bible studies. These guys really are solid. Now if only we can get them to church. Hopefully next week, because this week didn't quite work out! But they always seem eager to learn more and always have great comments. This past week we shared the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and also shared the story of Joseph Smith in detail. They really enjoyed in, and understood it well. We all felt the spirit so strong. We talked about baptism a little, and they said they are still pretty sure they are ready to go ahead and do it. We'd like to get them to church before we set a solid date... but keep praying for them, it is definitely helping.
Okay, as for Spanish... still coming, still hard. But I am learning and understanding a little more every day. It’s funny cuz there are certain people that I can understand PERFECTLY and have full out conversations with, and then there are others who talk way too fast or WAY too sloppy. haha… it’s tough. But I am getting there. Your prayers are appreciated greatly! :)
I hope all is going well at home! Did everyone have a happy Halloween? Hope so! Mine was slightly boring... I lost a bet for a gallon of ice cream over a game of Sorry with elder Pousen. Closest game EVER. He made quite the come back and I was severely disappointed haha… Oh well!
Well I love you all and hope to hear from you this week! May the spirit of god be with you!
Much love,
Elder Holman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment