Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mini Reunion

Hey family! It’s so great to hear from you!!!

I love getting on the computer each week to find a million fun pictures of my beautiful family to look at! It’s always so great to hear from you! Everyone looks fantastic!

So how is everyone doing? I am doing great! The last week has been DA BOMB.COM! Our new mission president is THE COOLEST human being like ever! It’s outrageous. He is so cool. The whole mission loves him. We had zone conference this past week and it was my favorite zone conference I have had thus far. The spirit that President and Sister Jergensen bring to the mission has no comparison. Sister Jergensen grew up in salt lake city and went to Highland High! She went to the U of U to. They are both amazing and I can't say enough good about them. I am so excited to be working under their direction and authority.

In Zone Conference we talked about how important it is to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ. We Basically read 2 Nephi 31 and 32, and talked about how unique it really is and that we shouldn't get too carried away with the things that we teach that we forget that our investigators NEED to have FAITH, and REPENT. It was such an amazing Zone Conference. My interview with President was fantastic. I had an amazing connection with him. He told me that my smile was worth a million dollars and to never get rid of it. Man, He's just the coolest guy EVER! And he just makes me want to be a better missionary. So I will be.

This week we had a few successes. We did quite a bit of service... which kinda got in the way of our proselyting, but i won’t let that happen this week. We have a couple new investigators that bumped into this week that seem promising. Many of which have talked with missionaries before and met with them regularly.

The Iowa City Stake put on a program for the last couple of days called: "Called to serve". Basically they call and set apart the priest aged young men in the stake to go on a mini mission with other missionaries in another area for 3 days. Really cool idea I think! I wish our ward did something like that! These guys got tags and everything. It was really cool to give them an idea as to what missionary work is really like. Like I've said in the past... Often when we look at missions or we think of missionary, it always seemed so glamorous to me... I just always pictured two missionaries with the biggest smiles in the world that could never be wiped off. But missionary work is a lot more than that. In fact, it is truly THE HARDEST WORK I have had to do my whole life. It is not easy. But nothing could beat the rewarding feeling of success after all you can do to help someone come unto Christ!

Okay so... coolest experience ever! Last night in Iowa City there was a show called: "Our Story Goes on". It was a musical put on by the Nauvoo Pageant cast. It was AMAZING! But even cooler than that, as I walked in the door and looked to my right.. I saw a really familiar guy, and I sat down next to him and said: "are you from Salt Lake?" and he looked at me strangely for like 5 seconds and went crazy! He was one of the directors from a brand new year. In fact one of my my favorites of the 6 or 7 that were in charge. His name is Paul! He was so insanely excited to see me and I was so excited to see him! He is the Director of the Nauvoo Pageant and says that I HAVE To come try out after my mission! He started getting so excited, and he told me a way cool story. He says that David, (the head of the media department of the church), never ceases to tell the story of me coming to the brand new year audition. How the first time I showed up in jeans and a Hollister shirt, and at the callback and when I showed up in a suit. He said even if I couldn't have sung a note I would have been in it no question because of how I presented myself and showed how much I cared, but he was very excited when he saw that I could! haha apparently he tells that story at a lot of auditions! Really cool! Okay so anyway... then I go sit down on the front row and the actors start to shuffle onto the stage.. All of a sudden I see a guy Named Jeff who I was in Treasure Island with. You know that scene with that guy I shot while I was climbing up the ship? It was that guy but the one from Koopers cast. He was the one that didn't look as much like a pirate as the one in my cast.. i dunno if you remember. Anyway, he was so excited when he saw me. And then others came onto the stage, Paul Cartwright who I was in treasure Island with and he was involved with a Brand new year! Shanti, Emily, Brandon, Jen,(Brand New Year) All these people I know it was SO FREAKIN' COOL! It was so good and they could see me on the front row for the whole show so they kept winking at me and smiling, it was so cool! After I went up and talked with all of them, and for some reason The whole rest of the Nauvoo cast knows me?!?! I don't know how but they all came up and they were like : YOU're skyler Holman?!?! It was like way crazy. A total rush and wayyy exciting! They all told me I need to come do the pageant after my mission. Ahhh.. the show was so good.. it made me wanna get up on the stage and start performing like crazy. But it’s all good! The mission is even better than all that, and the rest of my life can wait and stay on hold until I'm done serving the lord! But boy am I excited to get back to all of that.

Wow, Missions are just crazy cool! I love it out here! Things are going great! :) I hope things are going well with my family back home! I miss you and I pray for you all the time! Love you all so so Much!

Con mucho Amor,

~Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment