Tuesday, July 27, 2010

TRAINING

Hey family!

It's been a very interesting week. Training is one of the hardest things I think I've ever done, Other than Spanish. It's fun, but hard. Mostly because when you train it's kinda like you're the only missionary. You have the game plan, you know how to talk to people, you know how to teach, you already know the environment, and for a new missionary it’s not the way. I think Elder E is catching on though. Hopefully. It's been a very LONGGG week. Just before elder D left, we dropped the majority of the investigators we were working with as of a result of their lack to keep commitments. So, in a way, I feel like I'm starting over, which can be a rather overwhelming feeling sometimes. I really want elder E to have the teaching experience, but how can we when we have barely anyone to teach? We have pretty much tracted the past whole week. It has been fun but tough at the same time. We made about 14 return appointments for this week after talking to more than 150 people. So about 1 for every 10 we get someone semi-interested. The odds are kind of against us that’s for sure, but that doesn't mean there is no room for miracles. I just know things will start picking up soon... I think my heavenly father is just testing my patience a little, which is good. I need to be more patient :)

Okay another Highlight for this week? We went to NAUVOO! HOLLA BACK YA'LL. I LOVE NAUVOO! We went with the Marstens and the Halls. We went and did a session and then after? We went and saw VOCAL POINT! It was way sweet. They are really really good. I wanna try out for it after the mission for sure. Elder E was friends with one of the guys in it so that was way cool. I totally wanna try out for that for sure, it was so much fun! Maybe they will be there next year and we can go see them as a family? Huh? That’d be cool? And watch the sunset on the Mississippi! Lets plan on it. There is like 2-days worth of stuff you can do there, so we can go all out… wow that’s only 352 days away! Like 53 weeks? That’s insane to think about...

I'm a year out, so If I can learn as much as I've learned this past year this next year, I should be JUST fine. oh, I did a Spanish Baptismal interview last Thursday... it was kind of intense, just me and a Mexican dude.. haha but It was a good stretch for my Spanish, and he passed the interview so he got baptized yay!


So ya, well, I think thats all the latest stuff with me! I love you guys so much! You rock my world! Hope all is well at home!

Con mucho amor,

~Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment