Hey family! how's it going? Not to bad here, just another p-day! Should be good. We're gonna drive down to Fairfield and play some B-ball with the other guys in the district! That should be a nice change! First we're gonna go get some sandwiches though.. from Jimmy John. Best Sandwiches EVER! I love that place. So that should be cool.
So It was a pretty good week. Not a ton to report. We do have several new investigators. We found a young man named Tyler who is 17 or 18. We taught him the 1st lesson out on his porch and he really enjoyed it a ton. He really related and asked a lot of questions that the restored gospel can answer.
We taught another new guy name Jose Luis. He's pretty cool. He already knows quite a bit about our church. Sometimes he's a little hard to understand because he has very sloppy Spanish, but I'm going to try and get a Spanish-speaking member to come with us to so we can bridge that and make better progress.
We met an older lady named Audrey and taught the 1st lesson to her this week. She really enjoyed it and was very excited to read the Book of Mormon. She also really wants to come to church but has a tough time getting up in the morning. We're gonna see if we can't find someone to stop buy to give her the wake-up call as she has no phone. Hopefully we can make some progress there.
We bumped into a guy today who we were teaching, who mysteriously disappeared a while back. His name is Greg. He ran right up to us and I didn't even recognize him at first. Apparently he's had some health problems but he's getting better. He told us the things that we shared with him have really helped him the past couple weeks and he wants to start meeting with us again. So we will see where that goes.
This past week I got to go on exchanges for a day with my trainer Elder Poulson. It was AWESOME. I love that guy and miss him so much. He’s just such a solid missionary. I miss serving with him. It reminded me of how unified we were as missionaries when he trained me, and I want the same thing for me and my boy, so I will try to increase the unity in our companionship. But ya, its way cool cuz elder Poulson is in my district now. I'm wayyy excited.
So ya, there are a couple good things going on here. I love Muscatine. I think it'd be fun when you guys come pick me up if we went to Nauvoo and stopped by Muscatine for church on our way home. I guess we'll see what happens...
This week was probably the most humid so far... tracting was killer. At one point I looked at Elder Evans and said, ‘Elder Evans, it is so dang hot and humid out here I think I could cry.’ The funny part is.. I was half serious. It was ridiculous, but it's cooling down now thank goodness. We had a lot of interesting contacts with people this week. We went to do some work in a town called Wilton yesterday haha... Everyone there pretends like they are deaf, dumb, and blind when we try to talk to them. I would take 3-4 times of saying sir or Ma'am! before they would even slightly react. Pretty ridiculous haha... we're human too!
But ya, It's been a good week. The members take really good care of us, feed us well, give us rides and all that, So its good. I'll really miss this area when I leave. We just got a new ward mission leader too, and he's awesome! So Solid and willing to help out in anyway we need it. And this one actually tries to fulfill his calling. I forgot how much help a good ward mission leader really can be.
Well i hope everyone at home is doing well! I miss you all tons! I think I had a dream about you all the other night.
I love being a missionary, and I'll never forget it for the rest of my life.
Well, I love you all tons! Hope all is going well! Update me on the latest!
Con mucho amor,
~Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment