Hola Mi Familia!
Gracias for the
letters I loved hearing about all of you guys´ weeks. William, Happy
frikin birthday this past week and congrats on getting the priesthood. As
a note for all the boys in the family go back and watch president Monson’s talk
in general Conference. As holders of the priesthood we hold the keys to the
ministering of angels! We may not always see them but I know that they are
there. Sounds Like everything is going great back home. Tell Cousin Jarom
congrats on the homecoming. Gibraltar in my mission actually used to be
part of his mission back in the 70´s and is still a colony of England so we
will both be able to say that we served in the U.K. jaja. I was glad to
get videos from you Star. I had no clue that Ellie was so big, could stand up
and was so happy when I saw her putting her foot in her mouth! (I wish i could do
that still.) And it sounds like the bug boys are rockiandolo (rocking it)
in California! I miss the days running door to door. Mostly because you guys
get to wear shorts. Preaching the gospel is about the same, the work is hard
but it´s really rewarding.
We had an amazing
miracle this past week. I got to leave my mission boundaries for a little
while to walk on the beaches of La Linea for The Baptism of our new friend
Antonio. It was the first Baptism that La Linea has had in more that
fifteen years and the only place in the mission where you can be baptized in
the Ocean. You will probably be able to see photos in a couple of weeks on the
Mission Blog. It was a Really Sweet Service we only had about 12 people
there and we did it early in the morning while the sun was still rising. My
comp got to Baptize him.
Speaking of Elder
Weenig. Like I said last week, He was called to be an office Elder and so
yesterday me and two other elders from my district dropped him off at the Bus
station for Malaga. I’m a little nervous because now I’m going to be taking the
lead in my area while my new companion is still learning it. I get my new
Companion on Wednesday when we go to Sevilla. His name is Elder Varela and he
is from Spanish Fork, Utah. His parents are Spanish so he speaks like a
native but he also know English and so I’m am super excited. Until then I´m
staying with the elders in Algeciras.
This Wednesday we´re
all going to Sevilla for our conference on iPads! All of the Missionaries
here are super Excited. The only bummer is that Apple is having Supply chain
Problems so we´re probably not going to get the actual Tablets until the end of
this month.
Well to close I want
to share this weeks Family Night thought. This one actually comes from the
Sacrament prayers in Moroni chapters 3 and 4 as well as Mosiah 18. These
chapters talk about the promises we make and blessings that we receive when we
are baptized. The Greatest Blessing is that we Receive the Gift of the
Holy Ghost after we are baptized. We are able to have it´s companionship in all
things and it guides us and helps us to know all things that we must do and all
things that are true. Like it says in elder Busche´s talk ¨unleashing the dormant
spirit¨ no one who has received it should be satisfied unless they are under
it´s complete influence. I invite all of you to look for it´s influence
in your lives over the next coming weeks and for family night to outline these
promises and blessings from baptism from the Scriptures.
Know that I love you
all So very very much I´m excited I GET TO SPEAK WITH YOU FACE TO FACE THIS
SUNDAY! i´ll prabobaly skype with you guys at about 1 o´clock your guy´s time
because we´re eight hours ahead here. I´ll check my email maybe one other time
this week so let me know if that works as soon as possible.
Let the Holy Spirit
Guide
Con Mucho Amor
-Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment