¡Hola Hola!
It was so good to see
all of you yesterday! Hope that it was a happy mothers day and you boys
gave all the ladies a good day off! Did you guys do anything special
yesterday? Did they give out flowers in church again? Tell Jaden
that I miss hem and that I love it when he writes me letters and that we can
talk every week if he wants to. Which of the boys are going to be doing
swim team this summer? Coleson you should sign up and then play water
polo in a couple of years. I feel like I don´t really have a lot to say
this week because I talked to you all yesterday!
We had a pretty good
week this past one. Last Sunday my trainer hopped on a bus for the office and
so I spent three days in a trio of elders working in Algeciras, which is the
city across the bay where we go to church. We had a super fun time. I think i
may like the trio more than just regular companionships. But anyways we
did that for a couple of days until we went to Sevilla last Wednesday. There we
had a conference with the entire mission. 201 missionaries and a handful
of senior missionaries were all together. We heard from an Elder Dykes
and an Elder Allen. They talked to us about how we are agents! We are
free to choose for ourselves captivity and death through evil or freedom and
eternal life by choosing to follow Jesus Christ (see 2 Nephi 2:27).
Having the iPads is going to make things easier but there will also be a few
challenges as well I am sure. For the most part all of us here are going
to have to hang our old habit of how we use technology. Elder Allen told
us that the best way to do that and to avoid wasting precious time on our
electronic devices is to ask ourselves before we turn it on what our purpose is
in using it and then when we have determined that we do that and directly after
put it on sleep mode. This helps us protect from wasting our time and allows us
to focus on our goals. I thought that was pretty cool.
This past week I also
got to play a prank on my new companion. We were going to our ward
mission leaders house and before I had told my companion that we were visiting
an investigator. So we entered the house and the ward mission leader started
pretending that he was an investigator and started asking super deep questions
and drinking ¨whiskey.¨ After about a good ten minutes of teaching about
the book of Abraham and the lost scriptures in 1 chronicles 29:29 we had
scared him just enough and we told him that it was a joke! It was super funny!
Well for family night
this week I wanted to just share what is now my new favorite Mormon message. It´s
called finding Hope in Gods light - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w49_1a9X0Q
- There is the link. It´s a really touching story. It connects
with all of the other great life changing stories that we read about in the
Scriptures From Nephi, to Enos, to both Alma´s, and Even Joseph Smith. I
leave my testimony that God will always answer our prayers as we exercise our
faith in him and that as we humble ourselves before him he will show us the
way. I’ve come to know it now more than ever as I have been here in the
mission.
I love you all so
very much. I loved talking to you all yesterday and hope that you had a very special
mothers day Star, Mom, Grandma Marlene, Grandma Judy, and Jen! You are
the best examples to me and to the rest of your children and always so kind and
loving! I love you to death! I hope you and everyone else has an
amazing week.
Con mucho amor,
Elder Holman
Let the Holy Spirit
Guide
No comments:
Post a Comment