Hi Family,
Right now I'm sitting in a triangle
between Hermana Hansen and Elder Rojas... Who's triangle is it? Sounds like
everyone had a pretty good week. Lots of changes back home. Congrats to BYU on
their football victory!
Wow this week was just crazy! On Monday
we had a chill pday and we just stayed in the chapel and played games! So much
fun. We might just do something really similar today. Really I'm sorry because
I don't vent remember everything that we do everyday. They just seem to mold
together so this email might be kind of boring.
On Tuesday my companion and I were
commanded to clean our apartment because there are cleaning checks this next
week and so we spent a few hours mopping floors and cleaning oven that have
dirt from 15+/- years of missionaries. I think that we were the first elders to
ever clean the place. I opened up this one cupboard I had never looked in
before and found so much junk I wanted to burn the place down! So yeah it was
super fun and disgusting and now our apartment doesn't smell so bad! Haha
Wednesday was great cause my comp and I went to Interviews with our president and he is just so great. Him and his wife! I think I might love him as much as my last one if not more. The last one was really goal based and about working hard, President Anderson is super down to earth and spiritual. So anyway that was cool. Me and my comp are still teaching piano lessons here. I thanks my lucky stars that my mom beat me with a spoon and made me practice because now I also am the only one at church who plays and every Sunday I get to. It makes it a lot less awkward when people visit.
This week we also had zone conference and it was awesome. I got to see a lot of my friends again! We also had the Guffeys, a senior couple come and they made us Chili and lemonade to get us in an October mood. And they bought me some peanut butter from the American base here! Turns out everything I would ever want or need in America is just two hours away from me on Boat! So that got me pretty excited!
This week was also a cool one for PONDERIZING. Elder Durrant from the Sunday school presidency gave an awesome talk on that and it's something super easy to apply! All you can do is take a picture of a scripture and make it the background of your phone and then throughout your week. Enjoy! Ponder and memorize the scripture. It was great because this past week I was Ponderizing D&C 6:20-23. It was a fountain of strength and throughout the week. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and his arms are always stretched out towards us and that we can be embraced in the arms of his love continually!
Well that was my week. I love you all and hope everything goes well this next week. Please send me photos from lake Powell and send my love to the other family members down there. I love you all.
Con mucho Amor
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment