Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Halloween Nevember 2, 2015


Hey All,

Well that was a very long week. I feel like I didn't write you guys too long ago! I'm glad that you all had a great Halloween. I want to see photos if you guys have any. Did the ward do a Trunk or Treat again? Were there any cool costumes or parties?

Ours here was a little weird. Officially Spain doesn't really celebrate Halloween. They believe it to be something of the devil and many of the priests in the churches here speak out very openly against all the people that do celebrate it. Nevertheless there were a ton of kids out in the streets on Halloween and they were all pretty nice. We had some close calls, but in the end we didn't get robbed by anyone and some of the kids in the neighborhood that we talk to sometimes came and gave us
some of their candy-Success!

So this past week while I was sick I probably watched the documentary "Meet the Mormons" about 17 times, the directors commentary 4 times, and the behind the scenes footage about 6 times. So if you guys have any questions about it you can ask me. I think I'm about an expert now. We find really fun ways to entertain ourselves when we can't leave piso. My companion tried to cook while I was out and he almost burned our piso down so that was exciting. I woke up smelling smoke and asked what was going on and it turns out he was trying to make rice! Haha never a dull moment here!


  
Transfers come next week and I'm not sure if I'm going to stay in Chiclana a little bit longer or if I'm moving on. While I was sleeping this past week though I had a dream that I was going to a place called Murcia. So you guys can look up pictures of that if you'd like. I really love where I'm at right now though. I think I've really been learning to love the people as I've been here and more than anything the members are awesome. They've really been opening up a lot more to missionary work lately and they are so good.

Well for a small family night though this week. I've been studying a few of the talks by Thomas S. Monson since the last General Conference and this past week I found a little snippet that I really enjoyed.

I have wept in the night
For the shortness of sight
That to somebody’s need made me blind;
But I never have yet
Felt a tinge of regret
For being a little too kind.

The essence of the Gospel is love. Caring for others more than you care for yourself is the path to true happiness that Jesus Christ taught. I have felt that on my mission a lot. I think that's the reason that Moroni exhorts us to pray unto the father with all the energy of our hearts for that charity, that God only gives to those who are true followers of Jesus Christ. 

I love you all tons and am grateful for all you've done for me. I hope you have an awesome week full of excitement. Stay warm, send me pictures when it snows please! Talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment