Monday, November 2, 2015

I'm Alive October 29, 2015


Hi all,

I'm sorry about going AWOL on you guys last Monday. The good news is that I'm alive even though for a little while I didn't think I would be. You see last week my comp and I went to this one house to eat lunch. The woman and her family there are extremely wonderful and nice to us. She welcomed us in and guided us to her dining room table. She walked into her kitchen pulled out some soup that looked and smelled great and even had some cool looking herbs in it to make it look all fancy. She then proceeded to tell us that this soup was super Healthy. Everything had been homegrown in a nearby countryside. We started to eat. As we were, she commented to us that the herbs in this soup had very healthy qualities and that if you ate them it would clean out your system really well. Her daughter later objected to that comment, and told us that it would make us sick. I decided I could probably use a good cleaning after all of the processed food that we've been eating and it turns out... Both the Lady and her Daughter were right. The past three days my body has been doing what feels like a full system overhaul.

I won't go into any details on the subject but it sufficeth me to say that I am now officially what some my call a "real" missionary and I think I have caught up on every hour of sleep my body has required since it came into the world. Anyways.

Thanks so much for all of the letters that you sent my way this past week. I enjoyed the photos of lil ms. Ellie. She is looking bigger and bigger every week. Sounds like you also had a fun trip to Moab. I would love photos of that if you guys have any.

Give Beau my congrats on his Touchdowns! Does anyone have any game footage that they can send me. I always love to brag to people about him here in the mission! I'm so lucky to have such awesome family!

So last week was pretty good. We were were kind of going through a finding phase and it worked! We ran into another family from the Dominican Republic here that are really really nice and we started teaching them and they said they are coming to church this Sunday! So yeah I'm really excited for that. We haven't been able to meet
recently cause I've been sick but we're going over there again tomorrow.

Also another really cool miracle this past week. I do t know if you guys remember who Phil Collins is? He was in a band called Genesis before I was born and he's pretty cool. Last I heard he's still writing songs for Disney. But apparently he wrote some Christian rock songs too. One of our friends from Germany was listening to one of these songs after we left his house a couple days ago and when we returned he told us that he had wonderful news! He wants to get baptized. And so we're doing what we can to get him ready.

With that a little family night message for tonight is from Mormon 9:16-19 18 And who shall say that Jesus Christ did not do many mighty miracles? And there were many mighty miracles wrought by the hands of the apostles.

19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.

There is also a video called "O Remember, Remember" that I really like with that message. But I know that God is a God of miracles and he continues to work them even today. I'm grateful for the chance to be a missionary and see many of these miracles every day. I'm grateful for the love that you all have for me and the love God has for us all and for the miracle of forgiveness that he bestows upon on of us through the greatest miracle of the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

I love you guys tons I hope you're having a great week I'm sorry I haven't written sooner. I will write more next Monday. Love you tons.

Thanks for everything.

Con much Amor
 Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment