Thursday, May 19, 2016

Happy Easter Week March 21, 2016

Hey Family.

How is everyone doing! I loved your letters this week. thanks for keeping me up to date oon all that´s going on back in SLC.  Glad to hear that your house has sold, Star! if you find one in Lehi that you like you should get it. I have a few really good friends here in the mission that are from there and they say that it´s a great place.
As always my week has been pretty normal but also it´s pretty hectic! On Monday it was a really fun day. Elder Quispe and I went with a bunch of the missionaries in our zone to climb up a small hill outside of the City. At the very top there is an old Castle called the Atalaya (watchtower) it was constructed by the moores a long time ago. it was super cool. the only way to get up to the top of the tower is to climb up the walls and so that´s what i did. it was cool... until someone fell. but everything is alright nobody got injured. Elder Quispe and i are working really hard to find some new pèople to teach because the area is brand new. last week we found wuite a few people. Our area consists of a very small part of the city of Cartagena, a village called Torrepacheco, and another one called La Union. so we have a lot of good places to work in.

The week was pretty Normal until friday. I was on a super intercambio with another missionary named Elder Rogers and we had a great evening working together. We went to a baptism and 4 of our new investigator friends showed up to see it. we went to bad as normal and then I woke up in the middle of the night and thought that i heard my phone ringing, i looked at my clock and it was 2a.m. i picked up the phone and it was my companion saying that he had just recieved a call from our mission president and that 2 missionaries were going to be coming to our piso and that he didn´t know why but that they would be coming. and so two missionaries came and stayed the night at our house because their landlord acused them of stealing 4,000 euros from the house that they were renting. All of it was just a huge misunderstanding. (I dont know why anyone would hide that kind of money in a house that they were renting to somebody.) and so that was something pretty cool. Also this week my comp and i went to the city of Murcia to have a district leader Training meeting. we were in charge of a bit of teaching that was happening there. and it was really cool becase after we got to go to lunch with President Andersen. it was sweet I love him tons.


I hope that you guys liked the video that i sent last week. it´s probably the best that i have seen so far of all of the videos in the church. we´re basically sharing it with everyone right now and we´re seeing many miracles because of it.

Yesterday I had just a little thought as we were in church about the atonement it is the single most important thing that has happened in the history of this world. That a loving Father sacrficed his own son in order to save all of mankind and a loving son who submitted to the will of his father and took upon himself all of our griefs and pains so that he can succor us in our afflictions. He took upon himslef death that he may loose the bands of death and so that all of us will live again. And paid the price of our sins. I thought about that and the words of this hymn

How Great, how glorious, how complete
Redemtion´s Gand Design
Where Justice love and mercy meet
In harmony divine.

As it says in 2 Nefi 9
21 And [JesusChrist] cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereththe pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature,both men, women, and children, who belong to the familyof Adam.

 22 And he suffereth this that the resurrection might passupon all men, that all might stand before him at the greatand judgment day.

 23 And he commandeth all men that they must repent,and be baptized in his name, having perfect faith in theHoly One of Israel, or they cannot be saved in thekingdom of God.

I´m so greatful  that i have the opportunity to invite peopole to come unto christ and be baptized. I know that this is his church and that his gospel was restored through the Prophet Joseph smith. I know that Christ Loves us and he truly took upon himself all of our trials and pains and that he knows how to succor us in our afflictions.

I hope that during this week we can remember the life of Jesus Christ and invite you to all look at the website www.mormon.org/easter/easter-week  during this week, maybe everyday and just thing about what christ did in the last week of his life. I promise you more strength, more happiness and more peace as you do it. I love you guys all so very very much and i wish you all the best this easter season.

 Until next week and con Mucho Amor.

-Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment