Hey Fam.
Thanks for the letters! I really like to hear from you guys and I always love to read them even if don't have a lot of time to respond. I'm gonna be real with you guys, I really don't have a ton to report on this week. But if you guys like to read boring travel logs I have a really good one coming for you...
Last Monday elder Quispe and I went to the mall in Cartagena and so that was pretty fun. I just did some window shopping and imagined what things I would buy haha. That's how missionaries have lots of fun we go and do normal people things like eat KFC haha.
Tuesday was pretty sweet cause I had an interview with president Andersen. He is such an awesome guy he is super down to earth and wise. Reminds me a little bit of Elder Holland to tell you the truth cause he's also pretty funny but I would hate to have him chew me out. He really just started asking me about how the mission is and things that I think that we need to do. It was cool, I've been asked stuff like that before.
Wednesday was a nice day as well we taught a lot that morning and then that night we took to Elders to go and see the doctor. WE HAVE A CAR FOR TWO WEEKS (I'm going to get soooooo fat) so we take missionaries on weird errands like that. We saw a lot of really good things this past week as we were meeting with members this past week. I invite you all to go out and work with the missionaries for an hour or two. I feel like God sometimes uses tough love to teach missionaries sometimes but when we go out with members he's obligated to show us
miracles cause the members are there and keeping his commandments.
Thursday we planned and had correlation with Terry Vasey. I think I told you guys this already but he's a Knight. He met the Queen and everything. He also makes some of the best British food I've ever had in my life! He also told us some sweet stories because he lived in Bolivia for a while because he owned a charity and so he talks to us about weird stuff he ate there.
Speaking of weird stuff I ate this past week. Elder Quispe and I ate "pata de Pollo soup" the other day. Well actually we MADE it. It was the cheapest cut of meat we could find.(I'll send you pictures later). It was pretty good, you just have to make sure that you don't eat the toe nails... Haha.
But bringing it back I said earlier that elder Quispe and I need to say that they weren't all that big but I saw the hand of God as I was working. It was things just like following an impression and being able to find someone who needed our message or someone who needed a little bit of help and to be inspired. But this week we testified more than ever of the savior and his power to save us in all of our trials. Jesus Said unto his disciples a long time ago "follow me" and that is still an invitation that he makes to us today. He wants us to walk by his side and see where he went and then he helps us to see where we are going. As we follow him we see miracles just like he did and we have our faith, hope, and love for God and others increased but at other times even as we follow him we face some rejection, we walk on some raging waters that need calming clinging to our last ounce of faith and even on our knees by ourselves calling out "father." What I do know though is that as we follow him on that path we eventually will arrive to the same place as he did. An empty tomb. A victory over the world and all suffering. There we will be able to sing "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" And then we will feel even as Alma and his bretheren in the Book of Mormon when it says:
And the Lord provided for them that they should hunger not, neither
should they thirst; yea, and he also gave them strength, that they
should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in
the joy of Christ.
I hope that we will all do our best this next week as we try to follow him. I love you all a ton. I'm grateful to all of you! Thank you For your prayers in my behalf. I hope that you celebrated a happy Easter and are excited for the messages that the living Christ has given to his apostles and Prophets to present to us this next week. I know that this is God's one true church and that he guides it. I hope that you all have an awesome week.
Besitos
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment