Monday, September 28, 2009

All is well in Hampton

Hey Guys! Hows it going? All is well in Hampton! It’s been a very fast, very busy week. Which is heaven for a missionary, because it can be sooo slow sometimes! We barely had to tract at all this week because we had constant appointments. And most of them followed through! So we have return appointments and all. It's great! :)
Elder Poulsen is such a great missionary. I'm so glad to have him as a companion. We get along so great. He is so obedient and acts the way he's supposed to, he has an amazing testimony, and he is such a great example to me! He helps me all the time, especially with Spanish! He's so great!
So I heard Augie left for the MTC! sad... but way exciting for him! But let’s be honest.. I wouldn't want to go back there haha ;) 2 months in the spirit prison? ya... I can do without haha.
Well not too many exciting things happened this week. We met quite a few new investigators and they are really progressing. There is one of which I'm really excited for. Her name is Erin. She is a young single mom with two kids and she is so accepting of the message. We have felt the spirit while teaching her many times. It almost seems as though she has been prepared to hear this message, and it’s so exciting. You can usually tell within 2 seconds of knocking on someone’s door if they are going to want to hear more about your message or not. With her it was a bit of a mystery, but since we gave her B of M she’s been reading it with her kids and she loves it. It’s so cool to see how the gospel can completely transform people’s lives. It changes mine everyday that I’m out here.
As for some of our other investigators (mostly Mexican and Spanish) It is difficult. They rarely remember about appointments and it is extremely difficult to track them down. And when we do, they are usually running out the door. I love their culture so much, they are the sweetest people ever, but they are not very responsible for sure. But I guess that’s just how they are.
We played soccer with the youth in the branch twice this week! Soccer is WAY too much fun. Elder Poulsen and I are the only gringos on the team, and although the kids are way good, we usually make the majority of points. I love the youth here. They are so cool to be around.
Well, In other news... let’s see it might get really random from here...My hair is too long, but I am getting a haircut tomorrow form one of the youth in the ward, she does it free and she’s way good at it. Umm... let’s see.. oh somehow, someone in the ward found out I was in high school musical and the whole branch gets a kick out of it. ummm... Elder Poulsen and I go to family nights all the time and we always do the musical number. haha its fun.
Well I love you all, I got to go but I hope to hear back from you soon!

Much love all the way from Iowa.
~Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment