You thought I was slacking off again didn’t you? Well you were wrong, this time it was our dear Elder Holman. Turns out the missionary life has been a bit of a whirlwind and kept him extremely busy. Here’s a little update though, and new pics are coming, so get excited!
Hey Everyone!!!
I just want you all to know that IOWA is FANTASTIC! I love it! It is a beautiful place, I have a great companion, his name is elder Poulsen and he is from Nebraska! Spanish is coming along... although it is kinda difficult at times. I am in Hampton right now and there are many Spanish people to talk to, so lots of good practice. The missionary life is great. There can be long days and really fast days. Tracting is really hard sometimes but my companion and I have ways of making it fun! Mostly singing haha... But all is well out here in Iowa. It is a very great place. So many people are accepting of the gospel. They all have religious roots and so we get to talk with many great people and have interesting conversations. Thank you all for your prayers! They help me so much! Also thanks so much for the letters! Keep writing and i promise i will write back (as busy as the missionary life gets)!
I love you all and hope all is well In the great state of UTAH!!!
Much love,
Elder Holman
hi there...
ReplyDeletemy name is jillian and i am caitlyn murphy's sister. well, hermana murphy i guess. anyway, she is serving with your brother in iowa! they became friends in the mtc and realized they were both serving in the spanish speaking des moines mission. she gave me this blog address to look at because your brother told her about it & so i just wanted to say hi! i have a blog for caitlyn too. if you go to my family blog www.thegouldingfamily.blogspot.com there is a link to caitlyn's mission blog on the right side bar. just in case you want to check it out:) looks like your brother is doing great! take care.