Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It’s gonna be a Mexican Thanksgiving

HEY GUYS!
How ya doing? Okay so hopefully this week myldsmail will actually work. As you can tell, I get very angry when It doesn’t. But who wouldn't be? I get an hour to write my fam each week, the darn thing should work! Especially when I write you guys a novel, and when it doesn't send, It ruins my day... haha okay not completely, just for a bit.
Okay so I'm really gonna miss thanksgiving with you guys, but I think it’s gonna be pretty good here haha. So apparently 4-5, maybe more families are getting together and we have been invited (YAY) and they are all Mexican. So it’s gonna be a Mexican Thanksgiving! WHOA! And they always cook wayyyy too much food anyway, so I'll be well taken care of haha. I LOVE Mexican food, But unfortunately I don’t think my body was built to handle in. I just wasn't born Mexican darn it. I get a lot of stomach aches, but It’s worth it. The food is just too darn good.
Okay, I am way excited, next week we are meeting in our new church. I took a couple pictures of our old one and I will send them home, But the people here are just sooo excited that they have a building! It’s gonna be sweet. It’s a pretty building. Pray with me that it will help give the less active members in the area a little initiative to get their butts back in church.
Now, as for investigators, we're lacking a lot right now. We have tracted the whole town and we have talked to what feels like almost everyone. But, elder Poulsen and I have come up with several amazing Ideas to stay motivated and actively finding people. We have come up with some amazing tracting plans and ways to keep track of who we have talked too. haha its funny, if they are Mexican I draw a mexi-stash over their address so we can know haha. But ya, I'll let you know how it goes though.
Okay Todd and Sandy.. I dunno how much I said in my last email, but we had a great lesson with them last week. We shared the talk by elder Holland at last conference about the Book of Mormon and they loved it. There is a great quote in that talk that says: (about Joseph Smith) "No evil man would have written this book, and no good man could write it unless inspired of god". What a true statement. No one could put it better. So they really enjoyed that talk and thought it was a very powerful testimony. Next we shared a talk with them called: A Profile of a Prophet by Hugh B. Brown. Find this talk and read it! It is so good. It basically puts the prophet JS on trial and sees if he matches up to the prophets of old. Way good. We really tried to focus on two things: Joseph Smith and The Book of Mormon. These two things are essential in receiving a testimony of the restored gospel. So we shared some powerful testimonies and then elder Poulsen was supposed to ask them if they would be baptized (we had planned it before) but I could see he didn't feel quite comfortable doing it at the moment, so I decided to be a little bold and ask them. And we made a deal with them. If we set a baptismal date and they don't receive a witness that the BofM is true, then they won't be baptized. Just makes sense, but it shows our heavenly father that we are serious about the choice that we are making and are willing to follow through if we can get an answer. That’s why we set goals, so that we create a means by where we can accomplish the thing that we desire to complete.
So yeah, we'll see where things go with them. We have a lesson with them tomorrow, So we'll see how things go down and I will let you know :)
Alright , well, that’s all the news for this week. I hope things are going well at home and I hope you guys have a fantastic Thanksgiving! I'm sure it will be great! :) I love you all more than words can describe! And this thanksgiving season, I am especially grateful for the wonderful family that I have and the support they give me in all that I do. I can't wait to talk to you guys in a month!!!
Love ya tons!
~Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment