Thursday, November 19, 2009

short and sweet

I just wrote you guys a 7 page letter and MYLDSMAIL.NET logged itself out so my letter is gone. I am so mad. And I am just about out of time so I will have to make this quick.
Transfer news: Elder Poulsen and I are staying here. We thought he was leaving but somehow he is staying here, But that’s cool. We work very hard together. So we will stay motivated and keep doing what we are doing.
Investigator news: We had a great lesson with Todd and Sandy this past week. We invited the Mason City elders to come and get to know them because the closest English ward is there. We had a great lesson about prophets and why they are so important. They couldn't come to church this week cuz it was in Ames and they didn’t want to drive that far. It was stake conference. But we have another lesson with them tonight. We are going to try and get a baptism commitment out of them tonight. We have a great lesson planned.
Brenda is doing well and we will get her baptized as soon as the church is done.
We have several other people we are working with… and they are progressing... but not as fast as we would like. We are still searching for more people who will take our message seriously and act upon it.
Exciting news: Our church will be done on the 29th and so we will meet there then.
Other news: I hate myldsmail.
Sorry, I'm keeping this short as I have no time.
Love you all. i will write you a more detailed letter today.
Love you.
Talk to you guys on Monday.
~Elder Holman

He also sent us this little tid-bit…

This is a missionary survey for the Fort Dizzle Shnizzle. I think I have sent you a couple copies of it, so you probably know what I am talking about. It just keeps missionaries up to date on what’s going on within the Zone.

Name: Elder Skyler K. Holman
From: Salt Lake City, Utah
Age: 19
Sports/Hobbies: Skiing, Running, Wakeboarding, Boating, Singing, Dancing, Acting, Playing the Piano and Guitar.
What do I like about the mission: The companionship of the spirit is amazing! As you learn to follow promptings, you realize how important the spirit really is! It’s such a blessing to work so closely with the Holy Ghost everyday!
Poly or Silk: I'm a 100% Silk kinda guy... But I hear Poly is a great substitute for toilet paper.
Favorite Church Movie: Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration
Most exciting moment on the mission: Testifying about the truthfulness of the gospel and the Book of Mormon for the first time on my first day.
Missionary Tip: Keep the missionary discussions like a miniskirt; Short enough to keep them interested, but long enough to cover the subject.
Favorite P-day Activity: Writing letters, Monopoly, Sorry, Uno, Chinese food... Photo Shoots?
Favorite Area: Hampton, Mexico
Favorite Scripture: Proverbs 3:5-6
Greatest Lesson Learned So Far: Bible bashing is like wrestling with a pig in the mud... You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment