HEY!!!!
My fam! What’s up guys! Here we are again. Hey guess what? As of the 24th, I will have been out 6 months. 1/4th done... wow how the time flies when you are working your butt off.
But ya, so is everyone ready for Christmas? Excited? I am! Cuz I get to talk to all of you! What could be better than that? Hey, I also got the package you guys sent! Thank you so so so much! I’m happy I get to open some presents on Christmas day :)
I’ve sent home a package, have you gotten it yet? I know you told me not to get you guys presents but, that’s really hard for me. So it’s not much but I think you will all like what I sent :)
Wow, it is freezing cold here in Iowa lately... crazy cold… the other day it was like - 20. And they DONT cancel church for things like that... haha. I bought some boots... I hope you guy’s don’t mind. But I gotta keep my feet warm :) and they are now! Weather sounds pretty crazy in Utah as well haha.
Okay so I don’t have a ton to talk about really. I hate typing... and I am going to be talking to you in a matter of days... so I can tell you mostly everything then right? Cool.
But this last week has been pretty good. I went on exchanges in Mason City. I was with Elder Heybourne. There are some of the nicest people in Mason City. I taught several strong lessons and got commitments for random people on the street to come to church. Mason City was sweet. But I’m grateful to be a Spanish missionary.
Okay... so ya... the rest of the week was pretty dang average... no investigator highlights. Except for this Romanian guy Loren... he battled against a snowstorm on a bicycle to get to church yesterday. Amazing. And we taught him a strong lesson about the restoration of the church. Holla! haha
Other than that… an EXTREMELY average week here in the mission field. We did a lot of tracting, a couple sweet lessons...
Ugh, Todd and Sandy are being kinda lame investigators lately… they haven’t had time for us for about two weeks now. I’m not sure what were gonna do with them... but we'll get back with them, no worries. Todd still reads the Book of Mormon every single day... talk about dedicated... now if only he'd get his butt to church.
We have a couple new investigators. So we'll see where that goes.
Okay but in all reality, there isn't much exciting going on around here. Transfers are on the 31st... and I’m pretty sure I'm staying another one... which is pretty crazy and a very long time to be in an area, but I really do love Hampton. The Spanish missionaries say it is the best Spanish area, so I will embrace it :)
Umm, we have some plans for Christmas, we have some gringo investigators inviting us over for lunch, which should be good. Maybe dinner with a Mexican family... we'll see. And then I will be calling you all late Christmas night. Probably around 8:00 PM my time… so if you can figure it out... you can be waiting ;) should I call the home phone? ya probably... invite grandma, I'd love to talk to her to! She is so sweet! She probably thinks I'm the worst grandson in the world for being so bad about writing her! But assure her, I am working on it. She is the 1st person on my list. And tell her I got the cards! She is the sweetest grandma!
Okay! Well! Hasta la navidad! No puedo esperar hasta puedo hablar con uds. Estoy animo! I hope all is going well at home, I love you guys. Read Luke 2 and don’t forget the true meaning of Christmas! What a wonderful time of year this really is... to celebrate the birth of our savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for him. He has changed my life. His name is the only means whereby we can be saved! Our Heavenly Father is so merciful to have given his son to us as a sacrifice for our imperfections, so that we may live in happiness forever as we accept him and live our lives righteously by enduring to the end. This is what Christmas is about! It is about Christ. He is our redeemer. May your thoughts dwell upon his magnificence this Christmas season! I love you all, you are in my prayers, and may Gods choicest blessing be given to you this happy Christmas season. I LOVE YOU!
Love,
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment