Hey guys! How’s it going?!? Here we are again, another week gone by.
Hope all is going well at home. How is everyone?
Getting excited for Christmas? I hope so! It’s a really exciting time of the year :)
So I am in Fort Dodge right now, we are gonna hang out with the elders here for P-day, play a little basketball, ping pong, eat... all that jazz... So I'm in a different library and it has a terrible keyboard... It’s kinda hard to type on. Ugh.
So hey, what’s the weather been like in Utah? It has been crazy here in Iowa for the last week! So much Snow and sooo much wind. We had to stay home one day because it was so bad. Hampton got hit pretty hard and they don't have the best organized snowplow system, so it took a while to get out. But it has been really windy lately and pretty snowy. Just in time for Christmas though. Yay. But it is freezing. I don't think I have ever felt this cold in Utah. The second you walk out, your face just FREEZEZ. haha, but my coat is keeping me warm. I need to buy boots. That’s the next thing on my list to do, because tracting in regular shoes is kind of tough when you’re walking in 3-4 feet of snow. haha
So the weather has made the Missionary work a little bit hard this week, and so I have very little to tell you. We didn't even get to meet with Todd and Sandy this week cuz it was impossible to get to their house.
I'm trying to think of this weeks highlights. Uhh... Well we had a branch talent show. I sang Corner of the Sky again, and the people loved it. haha... we had this homeless Romanian investigator there ( this guy is so smart, he speaks 13 languages including Spanish) and after he saw me play, he grabbed his bike and sped home and back in the snow and brought me a record of Scott Joplin, and then thanked and congratulated me on my talent. It was so funny. He’s such a nice guy. We ordered him a Romanian Book of Mormon, and he was so over come with joy when he saw something in his native tongue that he could read. It was awesome :)
But when it comes to missionary work, this week has really been incredibly slow... I don’t really know what to talk about... We had a couple lessons, did a lot of tracting in the snow. mmm, Last night Elder Poulsen and I cast an evil spirit out of a Mexicans home... seriously, it sounds crazy, but we walked into this house and something was not right, so we did a home dedication like thing, and we also gave the guy in the house a priesthood blessing because he has been having terrible dreams and when he sleeps he wakes up hearing screaming and feels like something is pulling his hair. Kind of creepy. But by the time we had finished the blessings, everything that was there was then gone. If there was an evil spirit, he’s not there now. We plan to go back and check up on them, and also give them a Book of Mormon, because in a sense, the Book of Mormon will help in the same way. If you are inviting Christ into your life always, there is no way possible for the power of satin to take over. Light will always conquer the darkness.
So ya, there is kind of an exciting little story.
Other than that the week has been pretty average. But how are all of you! What’s new? I hope to hear from ya'll this week. And I am really looking forward to calling you soon! Less than two weeks! Exciting :)
Alright, well my time is short and I got to go! But I love you all! You are all in my prayers!
Love you much,
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment