Friday, June 11, 2010

May 17th 2010

Hey family! How’s it going!? Everything is going great here in Muscatine! I’m really enjoying my time here, and I have the most awesome companion in the world! Things are going really great! We've been staying extremely busy. We have a very wide teaching pool and a lot of potential people that we're working with so it’s fantastic! I’m really gonna love this transfer! YAY!

So this week one of the biggest highlights was JB, who is dating a less active member named DH. They have a nine year old daughter named E and just this past week had another baby named C. They have been coming to church regularly and we've been meeting with them even more! J is really excited about the church, He's very knowledgeable in the bible, but is starting to see just how much sense the LDS religion really makes. He is reading the book of Mormon and has a desire to learn more! We love working with him and the H family!

In other news, its official! Todd and Sandy are gonna get baptized! Or so I hear from the elders in Hampton, they have officially set a date! Elder Delgado and i are gonna see if we can somehow get over there to see the baptism! Wouldn’t that be something!? We'll see what happens, pretty dang exciting though!

We did a lot of tracting this past week and found a lot of new investigators. Yesterday, we found Africa in Muscatine. We tracted these apartments and everyone was from Africa and had really strong accents, but we got a lot of return appointments and a lot of them had heard of the church in Africa! I can't wait to see what comes of that!

Soccer season is officially over. I'm gonna miss coaching the kids at the YMCA, especially now that I have someone who actually knows how to coach it! oh well, I'm sure there will be more opportunities while on the mission to do service like that!

Guess what! Random... and you won't believe it. But I went and bought a buzzer and I've started cutting my own hair... i did it just this morning... it doesn't look half that bad and I saved quite a bit of money! So it works for me! haha I'll be able to cut all the boys hair when get home, that is, as long as they want it short... haha and it comes with a risk of mistakes! haha but ya, pretty exciting.

I've made a goal to be better about writing in my journal. I'm gonna try and do it every night or every other night for the rest of my mission.. I've gotten kind of bad at it, but at the beginning of this transfer, i was thinking of all the good times I had with yorgason, and how I didn't write down any of our experiences so how am I supposed to remember those good times. I'm gonna try and be better about it, And I'm gonna try and send you guys copies so you can know exactly what’s going on every week haha! So I'm gonna do better so that you guys can feel like you're on the mission with me. For a while i did it in Spanish... But usually that discourages me from doing it, cuz its a bit harder. But its better to do it in English than not at all, so yeah!

Well Hey I don't have a ton more to say other than I love you all tons! I hope your week was fantastic and I hope this one goes well too! Keep me updated on what’s going on at home! Love you all!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment