How's my super family doing? Great I hope! You all look fantastic! I love how dad sends pictures every week! I feel very much at home and i'm being a missionary at the same time! It's rad! You all look great! I'm so glad you liked the pictures that the K's sent! They are a really neat family. i really like them! haha, that was just last night, and they were like, hey lets take pictures and send them to your families! i was like, sounds good to me!
The work here in Muscatine is swell! I love Muscatine. I love the ward and their willingness to serve and help us out. We have a great relationship with the members here, as well as our many investigators. Gues what? This past week we taught the Law of Chastity with J and D, J is a non member and they aren't married. We had an amazing lesson, and by the end they knew that they needed to get married. They could get married as soon as the end of this week! Crazy huh? but thats not all... We committed J and his daughter to baptism last night! HOLLA! I am so pumped. They are such an awesome family and they will be so blessed for their righteous decisions! We may end up going to Nauvoo for the wedding. They can't get married in the temple yet obviously but they want to do it on temple grounds so they can see what they have to look forward to! I'm so excited for them :) Hey dad, I'm not too far from Nauvoo, you should come and do some "temple director business" in that temple and come visit me! Family members visit missionaries all the time out here… its pretty crazy. Also I think i may be going to Nauvoo again later this month. The H family wants to take me and an investigator to see vocal point! That would be so cool. Apparently they come every year and perform there. Pretty legit!
We still have a very large teaching pool, and a lot of potentials that we are working with. They aren't all progressing as fast as we would like, but we are going to try and be bolder with our statements and show them that there is urgency in the things we ask them to do! Hopefully everyone will start to progress even more! There is so much work to be done here in Muscatine, endless possibilities. I hope i stay! I love everything about this place... except the smell of the factories sometimes its rather odd... smells like soggy, week old french toast... I know, rather odd description but that’s what I think when I smell it.
Guess what...? I'm almost at my year mark... isn't that crazy? And my Birthday is only a Week away. I am a week away from leaving my teenage experience. dang it. I have to start growing up… haha.
So What are the family plans for the summer? Any big trips you guys are gonna take?
Well Hey fam, I love you guys! I always love hearing from you! I hope you have success in all that you are doing! You all look great!!!
miss you tons, love you tons, wish you the best!
Love,
~Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment