Friday, June 11, 2010

START PREPARING NOW

Hey sorry I couldn't write you guys yesterday. Because it was Memorial Day all the libraries were closed so I didn't really have access to a computer. But I'm here, and all is well. It’s been a really good week. Did you by chance get my letter I sent home? I know that it was the first in a while... haha. I'm gonna start trying to send home my journal entries so you can stay extra up to date on what’s going on. The only problem with that is that when I write my weekly emails, you'll already know about my whole week! haha. oh well.

How was Memorial Day weekend? I take it you went to the cabin because of the pictures! (thanks dad for sending pictures every week, I love seeing the family!) Hope you all had a good weekend get away! :) I miss the cabin sooo much.. its probably one of the first places I wanna go after getting home... Speaking of.. holy crap.. I'm almost to my year mark. Can you believe it. 23 more days and it will have been a year! Time goes by pretty fast... its weird. And all other missionaries say that the 2nd year goes by even faster. I'm so pumped for the next year. I hope I see a lot of miracles and continue to have amazing experiences everyday. That's what the mission is. The mission is a miracle. I know it has been in my life I have learned more here so far than I ever could have staying at home. Little brothers: Plan on a mission, its not an option, its a commandment of god through divinely inspired prophets. If you don't go on a mission, I'll beat your face in until you do, because every young man should serve a mission. You can't miss the most amazing experience of a lifetime. It doesn't matter who you are, what you've done, what amazing opportunities you have placed before you.... The mission takes precedence. It will prepare you, for what I believe, everything life will blow at you when you get home. What an amazing opportunity we have been given as priesthood holding sons of god.

The things you experience on your mission are beyond compare, the things you learn, priceless. START PREPARING NOW. I think I could have been a little more prepared for my mission, and i know that my little brothers can. Read and study your scriptures, say your prayers with real intent, having faith in Christ, Live your life worthy of a temple recommend, serve others when you have the opportunity, repent of your faults and sins quickly and strive to always be better. Try to engrave Christ’s countenance in yourself, so when people see you, they think of Christ. These are all the simple things that we need to do, and all to often, the cares of the world hinder our eternal progress that we need to improve each day! Remember to choose the right. And love one another.

I'm reading a book right now.. its technically not in the approved missionary library, But I am learning so much about my self, and my heavenly father. Its called the miracle of forgiveness. I'd encourage landen and star, maybe even mom and dad to read it. Its by Spencer W. Kimball. It just talks about how important it is that we are constantly focused on becoming more like our heavenly father, because in reality, each one of us is so quick to sin. And we don't even realize it sometimes! If you get a chance, read this book. Especially, landen, You have to read this book, it will help you understand so many things that i didn't even understand until weeks ago.

Okay... so sorry, back to everything else. Memorial day was a lot of fun. We had a ward picnic, played futbol, talked with members. We have a great ward here. Everyone is pretty supportive of the missionaries. They feed us really well... I am gaining too much weight. Its bad. I've decided that I'll finish packing on the weight for the first year, and try and lose it the second year of my mission... except that's what all missionaries out here say, and they usually don’t lose it. haha. so my cheeks may be a bit chubby when i get home. I know my tummy is... I need to walk more... I pretty much drive everywhere because, we have quite a few miles. It's nice having a car, but bad at the same time haha.

This past week I did exchanges again. It always kinda gives me a taste of what it will be like to go senior, cuz I always do exchanges with this greeny, who doesn't really know what he's doing. Dad, when did you go senior on your mish? did you train? and were you like a district and/or zone leader? I've always wondered since I've been on the mission. I'm also curious what you wrote about while on your mission. you should send me some of your mission journal highlights! Or stories that stick out in your mind.

Well, That pretty much all I got to say for this week! I love all you guys so much! miss you tons! Take care until next week!

Much Love,
~Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment