Tuesday, May 29, 2012

More adventures in Moses...


Yo, what be crackin my red headed crib,

Sorry I didn’t email yesterday! since it was memorial day we had a normal proselyting day instead of p-day, it was a super good day, cuz everyone was home from work, and spending the day with the family...which is where the missionaries come in and inform them with a message that can strengthen the relationship with there family and make days like memorial day even more fun! holla!

Anyway! How was your guys memorial day?? I hear ya'll went up to the cabin??? I hope that was a blast! And are you guys selling the cabin??? I totally wanna come back and hang there once I come back! You should re-consider for my sake! At least let me come home, chillax there for a bit and then you can do what you want with it!

Mom thanks so much for the awesome letter this week! It meant a lot to me! Your letters are always exactly what I need to hear to give me a little boost in my day!

So this week was a pretty fun week! It was super long, super hard, and I worked from sun up to sun down, and yet I still have a smile on my face (with bags under my eyes) haha. I guess I’m starting to get use to life as a missionary...always working! But we got to start off the week by going to a lecture at the institute building over at the college...the person that was giving the lecture was extremely smart, cunning, was full of the spirit, and might I add, extremely good looking...yep you probably guessed it, and no its not brock...it was me! haha yep, the institute board asked me to give a lecture on missionary work in front of the whole institute this last Tuesday, so I gladfully said yes, and got to stand up in front of 50 college students and lay down the law! It was pretty fun! I probably lectured for about 45 minutes, and I hadn't really prepared anything before! I just listened to the spirit and opened up my mouth and spoke! My comps said I did really good! I was pretty nervous at first, but things just came to my mind, and it all worked out!

The next fun thing that happened this week was something called spring fest! It’s how everyone here in Moses celebrates summer! So they get the circus to come to town, and they have like a farmers market for two days there, and then tons of fun activities and stuff! We didn't get to do the fun activities but we got to talk to a bunch of sweet people about the church! I was on exchanges with a guy named Elder Smith...he is the AP in the mission right now, and has been for about 6 months, so he's super good at missionary work, so I was just taking notes left and write while we were out at spring fest talking to peeps. haha he also has like super smart aleck responses to people when they say stuff about us or the church.. For example, we were talking to some dude about the church and he was like ‘I’m sorry man I’m catholic so I’m not interested’, and then he said, ‘well the Book of Mormon will go along perfect with your catholic beliefs except Moroni 8!!!’ haha If you don’t get it, go and read Moroni 8! But he's so subtle about it that people don’t even realize he's messin’ with them! Anyway, we went to springfest all day for like 8 hours straight, and we got about 30 people that said they would be interested and would want us to stop by there place! So I’m super pumped to teach all these peeps!!

Oh also I’m almost out of time! But you know the gal named K that I told you about last week, and how her "mom" called us and told us not to stop by...yeah well we got back in contact with her this week, after a little stocking and we found out that it wasn't her mom that talked to us it was her roommate! So we have been teaching K again!! woot woot! She's super awesome, super golden, and super ghetto! haha also I’m having my first baptism on June 9th. If everything goes to plan, I will be baptizing a dude named L...he's the prison kid if told you about last week! Well yeah that’s pretty much it! Sorry nothing too exciting to report on, but I see lots of small miracles each day, and I record them down in my miracle book! haha I’m learning so much about myself others, and so much about how God works out here! I love you all! The church is true, the book is blue, and Moroni is always on the ball!!

Later home-skillets!

-Elder Holman

 
p.s.  thanks for the email dad! I hope you liked the cabin, and traveling for the past couple of weeks! And to answer your question, I haven’t heard anything about my visa yet! I think it should be here in probably three more weeks, but I’m not to worried about it, cuz I’m having fun out here! And I don't get to use my Spanish a whole lot out here, but lots of people speak Spanish, so I can always strike up convos with them in Spanish, and then transfer them over to the Spanish elders! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment