Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Argentina! - June 11


How’s it going?? I’m emailing you from Argentina!!! So, so much has happened that i don’t know where to even start. So i left Washington last week, cried my eyes out saying goodbye to my companions and the family i lived with. I miss them like crazy. i miss the ward, the people, and i miss America! But it’s all good.

I flew from Washington to SLC to Atlanta, and from there i hopped on a plain and sat in the middle section, in the middle row next to a big fat argentine man for 12 hours...it was pretty miserable. haha but i pretty much got to fly with my whole district from the mtc to Argentina, that was fun! Once there, i had to use my Spanish and have someone go over all my visa info with me, and then i collected my luggage...which was completely torn apart.. I’m missing wheels and the pockets are ripped off...and yeah it was just dandy, after that, i had to let some Argentino go through all my stuff to be sure i wasn’t sneakin’ anything in the country...he only took a couple of things for himself. Then i met up with the mission president. He drove us to the mtc here to pick up some Chillains that were in the mtc and then we headed off to the mission home. i realized then how far away from home i really am once i saw the crap everywhere, and when i smelled the air...it smells like backed up sewer. We drove past the temple which is under construction right now...dad are you coming to the temple for the re-opening? Becuz all the missionaries are gonna be invited...its sometime in September...anyways we drove to the mission home...and had some really gross food. haha and then i got interviewed by my new prez....he´s really different then my old prez...my interview was only 1minute long...so i don’t really know him at all...and he doesn’t really know me...but anyways....after that i got my new comp...his name is Elder H and he is 25 and is from Tennessee....he speaks English which makes me super happy. But after we left the mission home, i found out very quickly here that humans don’t have the right of way here...lets just say that my luggage got messed up even more then it was after my plain ride... a car hit it and barley missed me...hahaha now I’m missing both wheels on my luggage...but we walked from the mission home to the tran station...haha i cheated death a couple of times in those couple of hours...but we hopped on a tran where, everyone there looked like they wanted to hurt me and take my luggage...haha but after a couple of prayers we made it off the tran. By this time its pretty late at night so we had to walk to our apartment with all my messed up luggage...it was pretty creepy, but we made it to the pen... that’s what they call it here...and boy, i wish i could have seen my face when my comp told me in Spanish welcome home. Our apartment is a shack with stairs. I went inside and we have dirt floors no warm water, no heat, nada! And he told me this is one of the best homes in the mission....so i kinda got unpacked rolled out the sleeping bag...which i love by the way, Maddie picked it out for me and pretty much the only time I’m warm in this country is when I’m in my sleeping bag... entonces we went to sleep. I was pretty tired after like 18 hours of jet lag... I went to bed kinda really in shock..and after that we woke up at 6:30 and went to work. I walked outside and watched as a dog gave birth right in front of my house....and then i kinda through up a little in my mouth...and then we started walking and talking to people...we went to this one house, her name is S, clapped outside of her door and then went into her shack... she has 4 little kids, and when i walked in one was doing dishes in a bucket, and the other kids were playing with a cock roach on there dirt floor...it was great... after that, it was just a lot of the same old stuff, we´ve been working hard and talking with lots of people...but man, can i tell you its a different world i live in down here. Brock, Coleson, William and Jaden, be grateful you live in America, cuz the kids your age got it rough down here.....

haha I’m sorry this letter is all over the place... I’m in this place called a ciber, and I’m having to pay the guy for each minute I’m using the computer...so I’m trying to write fast. i know that lots of this doesn´t make sense...i’m typing with a keyboard that looks completely different, and its even harder to work with cuz im typing in English...haha also the computer sais that every word i´ve written is miss-spelled cuz its in English! haha yeah... forgive me. 

But I’m holding up, pray for me cuz its a whole different world down here....even the church feels different down here...i’m working with old bishops that have gone inactive and im trying to get them to come back. i swear, the only reason the church runs down here is cuz there’s 19 year old boys like me running it...pray for me, cuz this area and church and even mission isn´t where i want it to be. i got to see a hard working mission there, and i plan to turn this mission into a hard working mission, and it all starts with me my comp my area and my ward....but I have faith that things can change down here. Spanish is coming. I taught a whole lesson by myself last night, and even got in my first argument with a guy about coming back to church...haha he loves me.;. he gave me deodorant!!! But yep, keep praying for me i hope all is well back at home!!! Love you all! 

elder holman...the second

No comments:

Post a Comment