que pasa pele rojos!
Thanks for the emails mom dad, and sky. I loved them! I can’t believe that Kori´s married!! i got the pics and about died. Tell Kori that she looked beautiful and... Tell Taylor he looked all right i guess! haha tell them both congrats from me! Wow! Everything’s changing while I’m gone. And i´ve only been out for 6 months! Well, just shy a couple of days of 6 months! Are all the chicos pumped for school to start up! I hear Brocks shopping over at H&M...and that dad’s a sucker to go shopping with cuz he buys all his kids everything in the store cuz he´s hot. We´ll have to go shopping in the apple store next door dad after my mission....when their AC goes out ;) hahaha!
Everything sounds good at home. Things here are harder then ever, but at the same time very rewarding. This week was a little bit harder then most, but there were some gold moments that i wont forget.
So about two weeks ago i went on intercombios con elder Lopez. And we had a pretty fun day walking around in the rain. Elder Lopez is my zone leader, and he was teaching me all about missionary work and his style. He´s super good! Anyways, about two weeks ago when i was with him we were passing out fliers for the temple. We have over 3000. So our goal was to pass them out to everyone in our area, and if possible contact them. Well, anyways...we really didn´t have a whole lot of people that were interested...and towards the end of the night we went to one edificio(building) and knocked every door....we had 0 success what so ever...i had an old man about smash my foot in his door....haha i´ve never seen anyone slam a door faster or harder in my face...anyways after 0 success we got to the 4th floor last door...and i joked with my comp, about Elder Uchtdorfs talk 4th floor last door....well a lady that had 25 years old answered and her name was Eva. She said that right now wasn´t a good time but to come back some other time next week...it wasn´t a really strong set cita...but i was pretty stoked. Well this last week we came back and taught her. I was on intercombios with my district leader. And can I say, I have never had a better first lesson. It’s obvious that God has been preparing her for a long time to hear our message. We went in and talked about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and how she can know that what we are saying is true by reading the book, and asking god in the name of Christ if this is his church. I invited her to be baptized durante the lesson and she said yes. She told us that she wanted us to come back the next day...so the next day when she finally met my actual comp for the first time, she said that she had read, she had prayed, and she had received an answer. She said that she knows the book to be true, and that this is the path that God wants her to take in life!!! She is so sick! She had so many questions, and just wanted to know everything about the church. We have another cita con her tonight. We´re gonna teach her about the plan of salvation. She is complete gold...and one thing that makes me so happy is she lives on the 4th floor, and last door just like in Uchtdorfs talk. We were so blessed to just happen to knock on her door...and she told us that its obvious God wants her to have this knowledge....cuz he lead us right to her house.
So that was something pretty cool that happened. The things that kinda sucked this week is I barfed twice...but I’m feeling pretty good now. Some witch (that is now a member of our ward) gave me some magic tea stuff that we can drink....it made my stomach feel pretty good. haha!
Yesterday was probably the saddest day of the week. All week we have been fighting to have Belens baptism. Pretty much our bishop is letting personal affairs get in the way of someones soul. His daughter use to date the kid that Belen is dating right now...and so he´s a little sour about the whole thing, and wasn´t gonna let us have the baptism, cuz he wasn’t gonna let Fabian (Blens boyfriend) baptize her...so we told him I’d baptize her...we turned on the font, left the church to go grab my baptism clothes...and as we were walking back our phone rang. It was Belen. She said that her parents weren´t gonna let her get baptized. Before they were totally chill with it, but she said that they got mad at her the night before about her grades, and so we were gonna have to postpone the baptism.....it then instantly started raining on me and my comp, just like that....so that was a little sad… were gonna meet with her tmrw to see whats up. When i told the bishop we weren´t having the baptism, he told me that’s great news....haha I’m a little bit fed up with him right now....hahaha but ill stop venting to you guys ;)
So yep that was my week. It was kinda a crazy one. Thanks for all of your support fam! Good luck with everything that’s going on next week! It sounds like you are all up to tons of fun. As always I’ll share with you my testimony....the one chance i have in the week to share it in English.....I know that Christ lives and that through him we can become stronger, happier, and that he can pick us up in our hard moments. Lots of you reading this are going back to school in a bit...and just remember that when you feel uncomfortable, or sad, that Christ can pick you up and walk with you through your trials. i know that he is doing that for me daily. I love you all and as always pray for you daily by name!
I gots to run, but i want you all to know i love you! Peace out!
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment