Friday, September 14, 2012

Checking in and catching up - Sept 3rd


Hey family!!!

Sounds like you all are doing just peachy as usual! I’m jealous that you guys are all heading up to the cabin without me!!! haha i hope brock had fun cleaning up dog hair off the couch with his tongue ;) (hahaha by the way star, it has been along time since i´ve heard a starlee story, thank you so much for sharing, and please keep them coming!!!) Dad! I’m sorry that your surgery didn’t go too well, just know that your in my prayers, how are you feeling about flying back all the way to Argentina after your not feeling to well?? Hopefully you´ll make it! And yes, ill call my president today and tell him to call you dad. I´ll also write him a letter and tell him that you’re trying to get a hold of him! I think it would be sick if we saw each other again, but i don’t know if we will...i might be pretty busy this weekend with the dedication of the temple, but ill keep crossing my fingers and praying to. ;) Mom, as always i absolutely love your letters. The book your reading sounds super interesting. I´ve often thought about if Christ had more power because he was half god, but it just goes to show that we have power to always make the right choice and overcome our challenges just like Christ did when he was on the earth. Star!!! i love you, and your email, and your starlee stories! i told my comp this week how you use to always tell starlee stories about you and jessica...and other random things...hahahah but i was so happy to finally get a starlee story via email, please keep ‘em coming ;) And Chance man! Thanks for the email, i loved it bro! Feel free ¨"to preach at me" any time you want. I loved the spiritual message. Often times we’re all not going to be known like Moroni "catching the acclaim of out colleagues everyday" But we are definitely numbered with him in gods army. I absolutely loved the quote, and the message. Thanks for hanging out and keeping the holman Fam company while im gone!!! Brock man, thanks for the email! I loved it dude, and i love you man! I’m pumped that your back in school and your looking styling at the same time! And yes, im so pumped about seeing batman and the new Bourne movie with you! Get pumped for that day....cuz i already am ;)

Thanks for all the support, prayers, and the emails you guys, they mean a lot to me! This week was a little bit harder of a week. I was out two days of the week cuz of this stupid cold...i just can´t get better so i slept for two days during the week...i’m kinda worried, cuz i still have a super bad cough and i don’t want it to turn into pneumonia... but I’m working with it and trying to take care of it. This week it also got really warm for the first time...and nobody has AC here, so when it gets warm everyone goes outside... and can i just say i don’t think I’ve ever been called so many different names in one week. haha people have called me Hotdog...to Polish insults (cuz they think I’m polish for some reason) to pretty vulgar things too....haha and its funny cuz they only call me names and not my comp...im pretty sure im the most alien looking thing they´ve ever seen....a white skinny red head....and lots of people are racist against Americans to, so they yelled at me for that....and i fricken got a rock thrown at me by some lame pbay after i told him i didn´t have any money....I wanted to brake his face in, but luckily my comp didn´t let me....haha sometimes i ask myself how im suppose to love these people, when some weeks they drive me crazy!

Well i started thinking about how i truly just need to rely on the lord during my trials and trust in him. Proverbs 3:5-6 states that as well. I Have a promise in my patriarchal blessing that if i trust in the lord and seek his guidance and humble myself the lord will show me a way out of my challenges, and I will learn many things because of my challenges. I think this applies to all of us. We all have challenges in our life, and we can always turn to Christ and to God for help. So today i really started studying on how i can, Trust in the lord, seek guidance from him, and humble myself so i can have a way out of my challenges.  This morning I found that Humility is willingness to submit to the will of the Lord and to give the Lord the honor for what is accomplished. Humility includes gratitude for His blessings and acknowledgment of a constant need for His divine help. Humility is not a sign of weakness; it is a sign of spiritual strength. When you humbly trust Him and acknowledge His power and mercy, you can have the assurance that His commandments are for our good. We are humble when we are confident that we can do whatever the Lord requires us if you rely on Him. I love Mosiah 4:11-13 for this exact reason, it says , 11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have atasted of his love, and have received abremission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own cnothingness, and his dgoodness and long-suffering towards you... and humble yourselves even in the depths of ehumilityfcalling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing gsteadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel. 12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the alove of God, and always bretain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the cknowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true.13 And ye will not have a amind to injure one another, but to liveb peaceably, and to render to every man according to that which is his due.

I love the promise that if we Humble ourselves in the depths of humility calling on the name of the lord, that we will be filled with the love of god, and we will have a knowledge of his glory, and have the desire to render or serve every man. I feel that by doing these things that god can then be instruments in our hands, giving us power from on high to do his will and to share and live his gospel even in times of difficulty.  Pretty neat stuff!

haha well yep, the mission is just the same old fun stuff each day, you never know what challenges and miracles your gonna be faced with each day, but you can always have trust in god, and humble yourself before him so he can work miracles through you. I’m grateful for the opportunity i have to serve...even though i may be called things, be sick, and have rocks thrown at me. I’m right where god needs and wants me to be. haha i hope all you little holman kids are getting pumped to serve ;) 

I love all of you, and as always you’re in my prayers! It sounds like your all doing well, living life and having fun. Remember to be humble and trust in God in day to day life, and always look for opportunities to be his servant, and a light in the world. Love you guys!

Elder Holman 
(the 2nd)

No comments:

Post a Comment