Hey hey Holman crew!!!
It’s been another week here in Chascomús Argentina! Thanks to all who sent me emails, it’s always so nice to read up and hear all that you guys are doing! First things first i got to give a special shout out to my man William lake! happy B-day buddy! i hope it was a good one :) also you´ll have to tell grandma happy birthday as well! Sounds like its birthday season over in the Holman house!
This week was a good one, I’m finally getting accustomed to my new area. When I got here we literally had nobody to teach. We had one investigator that was progressing and that was it, so i told my comp that our plans for this week is to go fishing...and not for fish in the awesome lake here in chascomús. We started out working with lots of members trying to gain the trust of them by doing lots of service as well as sharing spiritual messages helping them feel the spirit and getting pumped on the work. Also we did lots of contacts going from door to door, not a whole lot of people were interested, and we really weren´t having a whole lot of success. I was even more down when the only investigator that we have right now told us that he doesn’t want to get baptize. He has a testimony and everything, and each Sunday he’s in the meetings, but he really just didn’t want to get baptized, I was kinda getting down, it seemed like in each direction i looked were problems. I know that even though we experience problems the lord wont let us fail because this is his work. In the 12th chapter of either we learn that the lord strengthens our faith after we have been tried
I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.
I thought about these words this week and realized that the problem that we have, lack of investigators, was only a trial and that we only receive more faith by being tried. So my trials brought me to my knees. I had the impression that I needed to fast for 24 hours to show the lord that i knew he could help me. The second i made the decision to fast, i was super thirsty and hungry, haha it was one of the hardest times I’ve ever had to fast and i had no idea why...but i know now...after i finished the fast the next day, i began to see miracles. The people that we talked to in their houses started to invite us in. We found a lady named Anna that absolutely loved the message we shared. She told us that she has never felt so calm and so at peace in all of her life after we shared the message of the restoration. We found a man named Martín that was going through trials in his life, as we testified to him about Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice, he was astonished, and invited us back to his house to hear more. We have an hermana in our ward that has a 15 year old son that is completely atheist, and the day we passed by his house something completely changed in him, he said to us, i want to hear everything you guys have to teach, and he accepted to be baptized on the 11th, and is extremely excited for the covenant that he is going to make with Christ.
I truly felt that i had witnessed yet another miracle in my mission. The day that i finished my fast the lord showed forth the powers of heaven, leading and directing us to the people that needed us, and in the case of Jorge changing a heart, that has never believed, into a someone that cant get enough of the teaching of Christ. I know that God answered my prayers. I had my Trial, and i received "my witness of faith" when it was completed!
I couldn´t help but think about when moroni asked my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have aangels ceased to minister unto the children of men.
God lives and he answers prayers. This is his work and his Glory, and he will not let us fail.
Well i don’t have a whole lot of time left, but i want you all to know that i love you and that you all are in my prayers. Remember that God will help us in our moment of need, and take a step back and watch the miracles come forth!
Well i gotta run, nos vemos la semana que viene familia holman! te amo much!
Con amor,
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment