Hey Holman Family!
How are you guys doing? It sounds like you all had a good Thanksgiving! Mine was pretty good! I opened up all the presents in my package and me and my comp ate the beef jerky for thanksgiving, all 5 pieces of it ;) haha you should tell the ward to send less soap and more food! haha no, but it was super great! You’ll have to thank whoever sent the package for me and tell them me and my comp enjoyed it! haha And I saw the picture of your guys thanksgiving food! I think the thing I’m most excited for is to see you guys, eat some good American food...and watch batman! hahaha, but don’t worry, I’m not trunky - just excited for a couple of things :) my comp is from Orem, and he finishes his mission on the 30th of this month, so i feel that kind of stuff is always the topic of conversation, haha but don’t worry, were still working hard!
Thanks for sending photos dad of the cabin, the food and good old cousin Beaus football game! You’re looking big Beau...too bad i can still beat you up, after two years of eating rice and cow stomach ;) haha actually I’m skinnier than a stick...everyone calls me flaco (skinny) as my nickname... haha but its better than what they all call my comp...which is Gordo (fatty) haha!
This past week was a really good one...still don’t have water in the pench, but we´re getting use to it...at least were getting use to how bad we smell, sometimes i get whiffs of myself...but i can fix that by just spraying a little bit of axe on me :)
This past week was full of a bunch of meetings with the mission president, stake presidents and zone meetings etc. etc. It kinda sucks cuz we really didn’t have a whole lot of teaching time this week, but the lessons that we had were super good. Me and my comp, along with the stake president, are planning a super baptism for the end of December.... we’re finely gonna have a white Christmas down here! If everything goes okay, we should have about 15 people getting baptized, so me and my comp have been planning a lot for the baptism. Our mission president sat in one of the meetings for the planning session, and he said that he had never seen so many members excited to get involved with a baptism, he gave me and my comp a lot of compliments, which was pretty cool!
This past week i hit page 700 in Jesus the Cristo, and my mind has been blown with each page. Once again. There were so many questions that i had after reading the New Testament that i found the answers to in Jesus the Christ. After reading over 100 pages this week, i was left with such gratitude for my savior. On Thursday night, after my comp was asleep i got down on my knees and poured out my heart and expressed to God, what i am most grateful for in my life.... and that’s my savior Jesus Christ. As I have started getting closer to the end of my mission, i have been getting the question a lot from members about what i have learned from my time here in Argentina, and what i have learned i would not trade for all the money in the world... and that is my testimony. I know that Christ lives. I know that he paid for my sins. And i know that he died for me. I also know 3 days after Christ’s spirit slipped from his mortal body, death was conquered, as his spirit returned to his newly resurrected body. He arose from the grave, and as the scriptures say, his bowls were filled with mercy. Our Master and Lord had fulfilled his purpose here on earth. I know that through him, all mankind, men women children, bond and free can be saved. I know that if we follow him our life will be full of hope, and we will find peace in our trials. What i have had testified to me over and over this week, is that Jesus is the Christ. In the proclamation of the living Christ, it states,
Of the Living Christ, the Prophet Joseph wrote: “His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:
“I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father” (D&C 110:3–4).
Of Him the Prophet also declared: “And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!
“For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—
“That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God” (D&C 76:22–24).
The Apostles continue saying,
We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles—that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son.
Well it can’t be said better then that, This is my testimony. Yes i know along with the apostles of old and new that Our savior lives, that this is his restored Church, and that if we follow him we will receive life eternal. I have learned also that we need to be as little children. Why? Because they are believing. A child believes everything his father tells him, so we must do the same. I have learned that we can follow our savior perfectly by listening to the counsels of the profit and apostles... there words aren't just suggestions, but the words of God, as Nephi of old stated,
10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.
11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.
12 And I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day.
I want my family to know in this time of thanks and of calibration, to remember the Lord Jesus Christ. Learn of him, listen to his profits, read the scriptures and pray! Your life will be changed because of it!
Well i gots to run team but i want you all to know i love you. I think somebody last week asked what they should send me for Christmas, and i would be fine with lots of beef jerky (but you have to rap it up in something because technically it cant enter the country :) also lots of random candy! hahah love you guys! if you wanna email me feel free to, i should be on for about 20 more minutes doing zone stuff!
Love you guys!
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment