Hey Family!
Thanks for the
letters this week. I don't have quite as much time to write today because we
went up to a city called Jerez for P-Day and got lost and so I’m going to jump
right into it.
Monday was pretty
sweet. As a district we went and explores another church. One of the Hermanas
in our district is a wizard at art history and religious symbolism and history
and so we basically walk in and she gives us guided tours and basically
explains all of them to us. It's pretty cool. Going into a Catholic Church will
never be the same for me. There is a lot of cool symbolism that they have in
them from all the apostles and the life of Christ. After that we went and got a
bunch of gelato and so that was pretty sweet! Then that night we went and ate
with Paul and David. They told us some cool witchcraft stuff that sounded
pretty sweet.
Tuesday was kind of
an awkward day in the mission. We went to district meeting in the morning and
then that night my companion and I went back to our district leaders piso to
spend the night because my comp was going to go to Madrid the next day to fix
some things with his visa here. When we got there our district leader was in
still in a city and so my comp and I went wondering in the streets and found a
really cool hole in the wall Chinese restaurant. (Probably run by the mafia).
But we went and ordered a little bit of food and it was sooooo good! We went
back to piso and we ate and my district leader and I wrote some songs and we
talked about some cool stuff we found in scripture study (haha regular
missionary life). That night we also taught
Wednesday we had to
wake up at like 5:00 am so my comp could catch his train and then we
went back to piso and slept for a little while longer and got ready and went
out and worked! That night was pretty sweet because we went and taught a friend
named Antonio with our Ward mission leader. We had a really cool lesson about
the Book of Mormon. I know that it is true! And I am so glad that I have it to
help me in the mission, to give me comfort and to answer the question of the
souls that so many people have here. So many of us have different questions
about life, about our purpose, etc. the Book of Mormon hand in hand with the
bible helps us to know the answers to those questions and helps us to know if
it's true. The fact that we are able to ask God if it is true and we can
receive an answer from him of the truth is one of the greatest blessings I
think we have.
A lesson that I
learned from the Book of Mormon this week came from Alma 36:3
3 And now, O my son
Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that
thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put
their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and
their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.
This past week was a
bit more difficult for me but when I read this scripture I felt a lot of
comfort. I know that Jesus Christ knows how I feel in every moment and that he
is there with me. I also know that he is there for all others who put there
trust in him. Later in this chapter Alma explains all of the great struggles he
was delivered from because of God. God doesn't leave us comfortless. "He
will come to us" that is his promise and he always fulfills his promises.
So that's just a nice
little spiritual thought for you guys. Thanks so much for writing me so
diligently. I always love to hear about the adventures from back home. I hope
you're all doing well and I thank you for the examples you have been and love
and lessons you've taught me. I hope that you all have an awesome week.
Con mucho amor
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment