Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Week 34: English Priestcraft and Many Mini Miracles Sept. 7, 2015


Hey Y'all,

Hope you all had an awesome week. From what it sounds like every one seems to be doing pretty well. School sounds like it is going awesome for everyone. I always loved the very beginning of the school year. It was a good time to start new habits to carry you into the next year. Sounds like BYU has a pretty rocking football team this year. I hear that there is a new Freshman from Kentucky that's going to be starting!? Not sure if the rumors are true though. I'm excited to hear about the sports world if you guys want to keep me updated on that.

This past week I received some news that the package that was sent got held up in customs and we may or may not ever see it again and so I hope that there wasn't anything too important in there. However thank you to The Bergman family for the note and other things you sent. I especially like the stickers! I've been using them as "Merit Badges" for my District haha. I don't know why missionaries like stickers so much. It's kind of scary actually Jaja. Thanks also for sending the pictures of Ellie and the Cabin trip. I'm glad to hear that Team Moleson and team Alpha-wolf are at it again!

This past week was pretty cool for me. We had a really good time and worked really hard. On Monday My comp and I went to Cadiz again and just started to explore a bit. It was crazy, I think I talked a little bit last week about how we found some crazy Modern Art museums that were really freaky. We joked that it felt like we were in "Limbo" from the movie Inception. We had a really good time. Today we're going to be exploring a little bit more for P-Day, there are some hidden treasure in this city and you just have to get lost to find them! Last we also got "Attacked" by Clowns that wanted to pet my hair. It's such a rare occurrence here that I get a lot of comments about it.

This past week we also went back and visited our British Friends, Paul and David. They are really funny guys. They say they are spiritualists so basically they talk to ghosts and believe in all sorts of interesting things. They showed us our "Angel Cards" for this week, which is basically like a horoscope. They tell us some crazy stories sometimes to about different spirits they've seen or talked to. Kind of weird and interesting. Jaja

We also had a really cool miracle this past week with one of our investigators named Ruby. She's an older woman from Africa that has been living in Spain the past 20 years but two years ago lost just about everything. When we found her she was homeless and living on the streets but just last Sunday she was able to get a house! That was our first miracle that we've seen with her. We saw another one just a couple days later when she asked us if we could help her stop drinking! We told her that we could and we gave her a blessing. We talked to her just the other day and she told us that when she thinks about drinking now she feels tired and now just wants to go back home! It's incredible how far she's come now. 

This past week we also had a pretty sweet zone meeting too! Our zone had been doing a competition to see who could find the most people to teach in 2 weeks. It was more of an exercise to just get us to start talking to more people every day and letting them know about the church because we know that "many are kept from the truth because they know not where to find it”. And now I have a lot more faith on that statement. We talked with a lot of people in the streets these past weeks and we're able to find a lot that would receive us! We received a grand prize of 1:Having people to teach, and 2: our Zone leaders bought us Root Beer from the Air force Base here! (Cause root beer doesn't exist in Spain.) That was pretty fun.

For a little Family night thought today I thought I might just share something that I learned while I was studying this past week about Hope. Hope is a big Christ-like attribute that Preach my Gospel talks about. Hope is directly connected to the amount of faith that we have in the Savior as well. It brings confidence to us that all of our efforts will benefit us, and the faith that everything will be all right in the end. A scripture that really touched me was one found in Ether 12:4 though. And a quote by Gordon B. Hinckley that says:

 “We live in a world of uncertainty. For some, there will be great accomplishment. For others, disappointment. For some, much of rejoicing and gladness, good health, and gracious living. For others, perhaps sickness and a measure of sorrow. We do not know. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith”

This past week I learned by experience that when we set our anchor, our faith and our hope, in Jesus Christ he makes all the other necessary arrangements for us in our lives. Everything is healed through his Atonement. I know it's true. He's been looking out for all of us in ways that we can't even imagine. I hope that you all have a fantastic week this week and everything goes well for everyone. In school, in work, and in sports. I love you all so much and can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for the family that he has given me here. Thank you for your letters. Until next week.

Les Quiero

-Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment