Buenos Dias a todos.
Wow that week went by fast! Looks like you guys celebrated some big
birthdays this past week too! Thanks so much for the photos and videos they
were all so cute! I'm glad every one had a pretty great week! Congrats to the
MUDSLINGERS for completing your Dirty Dash. It looks like a good time I want to
do one when I get home. First this week I want to give a birthday shoutout to
all of the September Birthdays that we have in our house. I feel likes it's
about half the family so.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD, MOM, COLESON JADEN, AND ELLIE. I think that's about
everyone. Hope you guys had another good year of life! It's crazy to me how
fast time flies! It's already been a year since Ellie was born! She is so old!
I also hear she has aspirations to be a doctor!
This past week has been awesome and Elder Berry and I have been killing
it together. We've been seeing a lot of miracles here and also a lot of weird things
too. I think I already told you about some of our P-Day adventure last week,
I'll try and send you pictures this week. We went to an old Catholic Church
with our district in a city called Jerez and it was awesome because I seriously
felt like Indiana Jones as we were exploring it all. We also got to explore the
treasury and well I think I'll just quote 1 Nephi 13:7
7 And I also saw gold, and silver, and silks, and scarlets, and
fine-twined linen, and all manner of precious clothing...
You can look up the rest of you want cause there is more! Haha so that
was a pretty fun day. This pat week we also had an awesome stake conference in
San Fernando. There is a new chapel that they have been working on for years
now and it just opened. It's really cool. It is all run by computers. The
lights turn on with motion sensors; a computer controls the baptismal font. It
might just be a spaceship. The best thing though is that the church here has
Carpet! It's funny some of the things I get excited about here. Grass is a big
one, root beer, peanut butter. Oh and Pancakes! This past week was pretty sweet
because some members invited us over to eat breakfast with them and they had
bought a bunch of American food to feed us! Oh it was like a dream come true!
So this past week my comp and I were heading back to our piso when we
saw this one old guy just sitting by his window inside his house waving at us.
So we decided we would go and talk to him and see what happens. So there we
were and we approach him and as we got to the window we start talking to him
and we're having a great conversation and we start testifying and then his
phone starts ringing and so he stands up and that was when we noticed that he
wasn't wearing pants! Haha so yeah It was yucky and something I wish I could
unsee! I'll just leave it at that!
Today is a significant day for
us to reflect on a priceless gift that is ours, the Book of Mormon. It was on
the evening of September 21, 1823 when the young prophet Joseph Smith sought
the Lord in humble prayer at his bedside. As a result of Joseph’s prayer
that night, he was visited by Moroni of old who was sent to begin the process
of bringing forth the sacred record of the Book of Mormon to the earth as a
key element of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We learn
from Joseph’s personal account that Moroni visited him three times during
the night and then again the next day as he was walking through the field
returning to his home. Just kind of a fun fact for the day!
I just what to add my testimony to that of the many
witnesses that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is the single most
powerful and perfect book on the earth! Its promise is true. Actually this week
our mission is making a goal to read it from cover to cover before the end of
the year. If you are reading it in English that is just about five pages a day!
I know that as we read and follow its precepts we will grow closer to God than
any other book on earth.
I love you all tons and hope that you have an
amazing week! I know that God is watching over you. I'm praying for you all
daily! Until next week! God speed, and God be with you til we meet again.
Les Quiero muchísimo
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment