Hello!
Well it was just another normal week here in Plaza Virgen de la Fuensanta N°7 San Javier, Cartagena, España. (My full address 😉😉 in case you want to see where I live). No but really this week was awesome and full of miracles. We'll start out with this guy named Michael. Michael is from Sweden and while he was there he met missionaries and so he loves us! He moved down here just a couple months ago and didn't know that there was a church here and so he got really excited and told us that he's been praying about getting baptized. He loves the word of wisdom every time we go over to his house he explains to us in Spanglish "the 5 things, I love the five things!" And then he lists off tobacco, coffe, tee, alcohol, y otros drogas. Haha he's doing great. We also have a friend named Segundo who is also getting ready to be baptized in a couple of weeks. So we're excited.
Something cool this past week is that we had a 3 zone conference with the zonas de Alicante, Murcia, and Cartagena. It was super cool, I got to see my last companion and a bunch of other Elders from my group and my companion and I got to do a workshop with the missionaries from all three zones. I was really nervous because president was there... Haha. After that we went on an Intercambio with Elder Martin. He's and assistant to the president and he's from Madrid. We had some really good pillow talk and I found out about how in one or two transfers they are going to be reconfiguring some of the areas in the mission and they might be moving me and my comp out of our small town and into
the city so that it's easier for people to come and do exchanges with us.
Oh this past week we also had some fun going to another farmers market and talking to people! It's really cool because normally it's a ghost town where we live but when we go into the markets there are a ton of people. The only problem is they're all busy shopping but at least they know we exist.
My little spiritual thought this week is a scripture that has been on my mind this past week. It comes from D&C 18 I invite you all to read the whole section if you'd like.
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying
repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me,
how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have
brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your
joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
I can honestly say that the happiest I have been up to this point of my life has been coming out on the mission and being able to cry repentance unto this people. Something that was special for me this week was remembering that the "one soul" is myself. Or for all of us ourselves. And how great is our joy when we get closer to God?! We also don't have to be a missionary to bring that kind of joy to each other. We can simply invite a friend to come to church with us. We can serve others and be an example.but there is no greater feeling than know you've been an instrument in the hands of God. So this week you can ask for in prayer and follow promptings in how you can help someone else "come unto Christ." I love you all tons, I know that there is some hard stuff in life but always remember God knows who, and where you are and you can always turn to him. Hope you all have a good week.
Con Mucho Amor
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment