Tuesday, February 23, 2016

San Javier, Cartagena February 8th, 2016

Hey y'all!

Hope that you guys had a rocking week mine has been pretty sweet! I didn't even realize that it was the super bowl this past week! One of the Elders in my mission brother played for the panthers.

Well this week was long and awesome!! Last p-day I was just packing and visiting everyone to finish off my time in Lorca! And then I went off to "San Javier" in Cartagena! It was a short travel to get there. And then I met my companion "Elder Quispe"!! FACEBOOK: Ruddy Quispe Cuallar. This kid is literally going to be my favorite companion I'm sure. He's from Bolivia but lives in Barcelona and has an awesome testimony! I'm super excited.

As for my Pueblo it's sweet! We are about a 45 minute drive from the church but our Ward has a bus that picks us up. I'm ready to get to work! Today is kind of crazy because I'm going to my first Mission Council meeting today. We've been traveling all morning and we're going back tomorrow. It's not a bad travel because we took the Hermana missionaries with us and talked all the way down.

Well for a little thought this week:
23 Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to
act for yourselves--to choose the way of everlasting death or the way
of eternal life.
24 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, reconcile yourselves to the will of
God, and not to the will of the devil and the flesh; and remember,
after ye are reconciled unto God, that it is only in and through the
grace of God that ye are saved.
25 Wherefore, may God raise you from death by the power of the
resurrection, and also from everlasting death by the power of the
atonement, that ye may be received into the eternal kingdom of God,
that ye may praise him through grace divine. Amen.

I Love these verses. As missionaries a lot of times we say that our goal is to do the will of god. Here is another quote. To go along with it. I don't know where it came from:

"Just give it up. Surrender your will to Him. Unconditionally. Withhold nothing. Turn it all over to Him; all of your desires, wishes, dreams and hopes. Be true and faithful in your head and in your heart, not just in your behavior. Trust in Him. Trust Him who knows all things. Trust Him who has all power. Trust Him whose love for you is perfect. Trust Him, who alone suffered, paid and atoned for your sins, and for your weaknesses as well. Trust Him that He will make of you, immeasurably more, than what you will ever, ever, in all eternity, make of yourself. He will create of you a masterpiece. You will create of you only a smudge. You will create an ordinary man. He will create a God."

So that's something that I liked a lot. I invite you to pray to know how you can surrender your will to god so that he can make you into a masterpiece. I promise that it will be worth it. I love you all a lot.

Good luck this week!

Con mucho amor

-Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment