Wednesday, February 3, 2016

One Crazy Week February 1, 2016

Hey all!

Well it was another crazy week but it did have a happy ending! I loved the letters from you guys and I'm glad to see that everything is going well at home for the most part. So last week on Monday we out and worked all day and I had my first zero day of the entire mission and so I was pretty bummed. We tried everything but sometimes people in Spain just don't want to listen to you. So that night I gorged myself to compensate and went to bed feeling better haha.

Tuesday was fun because we did an entire district meeting on Christlike Attributes. Chapter 6 of "Preach my Gospel" is a gold mine if you're trying to become a better person. I think I am just barely starting to understand it. On Wednesday we started to move out of our old piso and into a new one. It was the biggest pain in my life. We packed basically everything into suitcases and made a few trips back and forth hauling everything. We got a couple of Members to come and help us too and so that was pretty nice. I don't love the new apartment but it's all good. So we were basically doing that the entire day on Wednesday because they were sending in a repair crew to fix up the old one.


Thursday my week got really exciting because I had to go to Fuengirola to renew my residency in España. So after 7 hours more or less on a bus I got to see a bunch of other elders from the mission. I stayed up late pillow talking with all of them we had a good time. Friday I was in the Office all day with the other Elders helping them with paperwork for transfers and organizing things and then getting fingerprinted and that night I receive a call from President Anderson. I went into the other room and started talking to him and he told me that The Lord needs me to leave Lorca this Wednesday so that I can go and be a Zone Leader in Cartagena with Elder Quispe. And so that was super cool and exciting! I'm leaving early Wednesday morning to go there. As far as I know I am really lucky because it is a beach town and we have a car😎🚘☀️ haha. I also know Elder Quispe already a little bit and so it's going to be awesome! I'm really excited.


The best part of this week though is that we Had a Baptism on Saturday! 2 Brothers, Bryan and Alejandro. It was really cool to because we had just planned on Bryan being baptized because Alejandro said that he didn't feel quite ready yet but when the time came he told us that he was ready to do it now. God really is a God of miracles. We were praying that he would be able to receive an answer and I don't know what happened but he did!




 Last night I also had a very cool experience. We have a friend named German who is from Ecuador and lives here in Lorca. About five years ago he Stopped going to church and following the commandments. We started going over to his house and inviting him to church about 5 weeks ago and since then he has been coming to church with us. Last night as we went to see him and told him that I was leaving and he started to thank me for being his missionary and for "bringing him back" he said that before we had found him he had been praying for a way to return to the church. He told us that after he had fallen away he realized that it was the worst mistake that he had ever made in his
life. He said that the reason he fell away is because he forgot about the promise of the Savior in 3 Nephi 13 when he says:

32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all
these things shall be added unto you.

He said as soon as he left the church he couldn't understand why his life fell apart but as soon as he returned immediately things started to improve for him. I testify that Christ's promise is real and if we
first seek Him than he will help us.

Well that's all I have for this week I love you guys tons and am glad that all is going ok at home. Remember to keep reading the scriptures and Praying. I'm praying for you guys. Good luck this week!

Con mucho Amor
Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment