It was really good to be able to talk to all of you yesterday. You all look great. Thanks for all of the emails too. I enjoyed hearing about everything that going on back home. And overall Happy mothers Day Mom! And Grandma! And Star! And William... Haha 😜. I'm really grateful for all you've done for me.
So my week started off by going to Malaga for a Mission Council. And we were feeling pretty high adventure and so we decided that we would go to a crocodile Park! It was pretty sweet. The guy giving us the tour almost killed a couple times and so that was scary but anyways. At the end I got to wrestle a crocodile! (Pictures Below.) in the Mission Council we talked about being better missionaries by teaching repentance. It's really cool to know that we as missionaries are the only ones that are able to let people gain access to the powers of the atonement because our church is the only one that has the authority to perform ordinances. Therefore teaching Repentance is a huge part of our purpose because if we don't teach it, no one can get those blessings. So yeah I thought that was sweet. We returned from Malaga on Tuesday night and on Wednesday we out to work like normal. We actually got to go on splits that night and it was sweet! We had a really powerful lesson with one of our investigators named Patricio.
Thursday we called a guy from our ward to go out and work with us. And it was really cool cause he told us that he was always scared of going out and doing visits but when we called him to come with us he felt
really confident. It was really cool having him with us so that he could tell people his conversion story and help them out. And so we're trying. To work better with members now.
Friday we had our zone meeting and so elder Quispe and I during the week prepared some workshops to help our missionaries become better. It was a really good meeting. I realized that it's the first one that I haven't really worried about too much about. I think I now have zero fear of public speaking.
Saturday we did a mission wide fast so that we can reach our goal for baptisms this year. It went really well. It was also a cool day because Elder Quispe and I spent the whole day working in one of our small towns in our area. It's far away from our house and so we couldn't make it back until the evening time. But yeah that was
basically our week!
I love the Gospel guys, it is sooo cool. Our church is so cool! And the best part is that it is true! I know that Jesus Christ Lives and that there is no name under the heavens by which man can be saved other than his. So "Stay in the Old Ship Zion!" A little thought this week comes from the hymn book but it's a good reminder of why we live
the gospel.
Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below
Well I love you guys and I hope you have an awesome week! Remember that when things seem impossible to just ask yourselves if it really isn't just God asking you to grow and inch or a mile. Praying for you always.
Con Mucho amor
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment