Well I have finally arrived to the last week of this transfer it might actually be my last week with my favorite comp Elder Quispe! So we're going to hit the ground running and try to have the best week ever. Last week was pretty good. Last P-Day we went to hang out with our Zone in the Chapel we basically just played some games and talked. Really boring things that are exciting to missionaries.
We've been doing our best to work with and strengthen all the members in our ward this past week. We have such a sweet Ward. All of the people here work or used to work On boats, in the military, firefighters or hospitals and so they all have some really cool and funny stories. I like it so. Much that I might just move back here
after the mission haha. I'm trying to think of some cool stuff we did this past week. I learned how to cook two new foods pretty well. The first one is a Classic: Paella, it's actually not that hard and it tastes soooooo good. And the next one is interesting it's called Ceviche de Gambas. It's basically a shrimp soup. It's pretty sweet. Look it up and Remind me to make it for you when I get back😉.
This past week I also got to do exchanges with some missionaries and it was pretty awesome. There
are a few missionaries from my group here in this zone and so we get to reminisce about the MTC and talk about the mission. Other than that there really isn't too much to report. I work in a ghetto area, I live 20 minutes from the beach, we have good weather, I have a good companion. The people are nice even when they threaten to
call the police for talking to them.... (That doesn't really happen too often) I really can't complain. It's a good year to be a missionary.
For a little spiritual thought this week. I have a new hero and his name is Gordon B. Hinckley. That man wrote some really good talks I wanted to share one of my favorites with you today. It's called "put your shoulder to the wheel" and it's good advice for everyone. Here is the link
https://www.lds.org/new-era/
And also a scripture from Proverbs 2:
1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to
understanding;
3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for
understanding;
4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the
knowledge of God.
6 For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and
understanding.
7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler
to them that walk uprightly.
I just think proverbs is an awesome book of scripture. Really the most important thing that we can work toward in this life is to gain knowledge and on serving our families and friends because after this life we don't take our homes or our cars or our jobs but our families and what we learn. I love the promise that God is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. Those that live righteously and work hard.
Hey well I love you all a ton. We'll talk more next week. I'm just remembering that Mother's Day is coming up here soon. So do something nice for mom and make it mothers week. Until next week
Con mucho amor
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment