Thursday, December 22, 2016

Just Another Crazy Week November 21st 2016

Querido Familia,

This past week has been crazy! Crazy Awesome, Crazy Weird, and every other crazy in between. Last Monday I think I told you that we had a staff meeting with President to go over our week of Transfers. We got everything together to do and orientation for the new missionaries that came in and put together everything to prepare the new trainers that there will be. Everything seemed to go just swimmingly. I got to see a lot of missionaries that are really good friends this past week. I was there to see Elder Bussel and Elder Ylimaula leave from the train station and man that was tough! I only have 3 companions that are still in the mission now. 

So this past week there have been some pretty funny things that have happened. Last Friday my companion and I passed a drunk homeless man on the street who just started yelling at us. We got away from him and then we met some guy to teach him on a park bench and the homeless guys shows up out of no where and starts telling us that he owns the bench and that we're trespassing and we needed to leave or else he was going to call the cops! Haha. So we left and the person we were meeting with laughed with us about it.

Something else super funny is that last Sunday we had the primary program (no that's not the joke.) Well during the program this one guys on a giant electric wheelchair came into the sacramental and crashed his wheelchair into Some chairs and then when he was backing up his wheelchair started backing that beeping sound that big trucks make when they're backing up. It was quite fun.

Well for this weeks thought here's a quote that I don't know if I've shared before. But Gordon B. Hinckley's wife once said something along the lines of this.
"Whenever something goes wrong in life we can either Laugh or cry about it and I prefer to laugh because crying gives me a headache." 
It always helps to find something funny about the circumstances we're in. We can always be grateful for things we do have in life because when you get right down to it there's always someone that's had it worse. We can find strength in Christ cause with his power we can do all things.

Love you guys hope you have an awesome week.

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment