Hola Familia!
Hoy es el mejor día. We had a great week! There were some interesting things that happened. Our area is booming! We've been going hard trying to spread some Christmas spirit and have found a lot of new people to teach, AND SOME OF THEM ARE SPANISH! So it's a good time of year to be in the mission. MERRY CHRISTMAS.
So we had to exchanges this past week. One with missionaries from Murcia and another with missionaries from San Fernando. (That probably means nothing to you.) but those are two zones that I served in. Something interesting that happened on intercambios is that we found some guy from New Jersey that needed our help to translate so that he could catch s bus. A pretty weird dude but after he told us to send missionaries to his house in a Portugal to talk to him and his mother and gave us his info.
Apart from that we met new people, we taught a lot and we have a friend that wants to get baptized soon! We'll see if we can do it before Christmas.
Today is our mission Council meeting. Pray for me because I have to speak. I know that the church is true and I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that Joseph smith was his prophet. Yesterday was my last Fast and Testimony meeting in Spain. I remember when I got to my first area and it was a fast and Testimony meeting and I realized that I only had to make it through and try to understand 21 of them and I have enjoyed every single one. There is nothing better than the mission. Nothing better I could have done with the past 2 years of my life. I'll never be able to count all the blessing I've received and lessons I've learned out here.
I leave you today with just some lines from my favorite hymn of this holiday season.
Hymn 208 little town of Bethlehem
How silently, how silently
The wondrous gift is giv’n!
So God imparts to human hearts
The blessings of his heav’n.
No ear may hear his coming;
But in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive him, still
The dear Christ enters in.
I hope that he enters into your heart this week and stays with you
(John 8:12) (Revelations 3:19-21)
Con Mucho amor
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment