Hey family! how's it going!?!?
I miss you guys tonz! hope all is going well for you guys!
On Friday I went into Des Moines again to help out sister Jergensen finish some other projects. I love the Jergensens so much.. I want to serve in Des Moines someday so I can be around them more! They are just amazing people. Hopefully you'll get to meet them someday and I'm sure you'll feel the same:)
We had several really good lessons this week. The highlight would be yesterdays with C. We came over and he was Drinking... which was a total bummer.. We taught him all about commandments and why they are important. Then he kind of broke down and told us all his mistakes; he's been through a lot. But we re-committed him on everything and he says he wants to change his life and he committed. He told us that when he gives his word he sticks to it.. That was pretty cool! He told us that was the last drink of his life. He's quitting smoking and everything. And he says he wants more than anything to be baptized this Saturday! Way Exciting! It was an amazing lesson and the spirit was there so strong. He's really making some big changes and I know heavenly father is really happy for him.
I got a letter from Augie today! man.. what a good guy. I love him and miss him so much. He is a brother to me. He sounds like he's having some great successes and he's a great missionary. I can't wait to come home and swap stories with him and talk about our experiences... I miss him.
Well, not too much more to talk about than that! It was a good week. It went by fast and that always happens when you stay busy and work hard, therefore I feel that we are :) I love being a missionary. Its the best gift god can give to a young man. I want my brothers to start preparing now. Do it. You’ll be happy you did. :)
Well I love you tons! You’re the best! Write me soon! Tell me everything, send me pics, whatever ya wanna do;)
much love,
~Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment