Hey family! Hows it going?!?! I hope you've all had a fantastic week. I miss you all tons!
It was a very busy week. We've been all over the place. Last Tuesday we had our Zone Conference in Ames and that took up a lot of the day! It was a really great meeting. I sang "Come thou fount" and president got up after and said: That song has very quickly just now become one of my favorite hymns. I love president, he is such an amazing man, one of my role models, seriously. He is full of love, charity, Kindness, He just Yearns to be more Christ-like, and you can feel it the second he walks in the room. He's amazing. and His wife sister Jergensen is just like a mom. She is the sweetest woman ever, especially to me. I love talking to her, she reminds me of my mom, just so full of love and willing to drop everything to help in any way she can. I love every second I get to spend around those two! It’s amazing. We had a very uplifting Zone Conference, we talked about the way that the spirit should lead and Guide our discussions. Its so amazing!
The next day we had our interviews. I love spending time one on one with president. He cares about each missionary so much. I can't say enough good things about him, other than he's the best mission president in the world. He treats each missionary like a son, and he truly feels like a father figure. Reminds me of dad. Its so nice to have mission presidents who are so much alike my parents. I feel right at home.
Thursday was a very long day... we worked really hard, knocked a lot of doors, and a nice long meeting with our ward mission leader. It was a good day. Pretty productive. I love serving with elder Rojas, He's such a great missionary. We have such a good time. He really motivates me because he is so dedicated. I love being with missionaries like him.
Saturday and Sunday was conference! So So SO good. I freakin' love conference. It is da bomb. Although, I miss going to priesthood session with dad and the bro's. That can still be a little tough on me because its one of my favorite traditions, but oh well. I thought conference was amazing. There was a great deal spoken on the subject of Agency, Importance of family and relationships, Prophets, and gratitude, All being very important subjects that I believe we can more fully implement into are lives. I loved one of the 70's talks on families. I like his 5 fundamentals: Family: Scripture reading, Prayer, Home Evening, DINNER, and Interviews. Definitely things that should be applied to our family, and we should find a way to do that no matter what we need to sacrifice. I know it will make our families stronger... oh and on a minor note… Looks like mom and dad were right about sleep-overs! A servant of the lord has spoken, now we have to follow it. NO SLEEP OVERS! I really thought that 70 hit home on everything he talked about on the family. Apply it. I know I will someday with my personal family, And now I know why mom and dad encourage us so much to live our lives that way. Listen to mom and dad Guys! They are wise! I also liked the talk by elder Ballard on the counterfeit fisher of men... that talk is so real and made so much sense to me. The spirit was so strong and testified so boldly and truthfully. What he said is true. Don't be tempted by satins lures, because if you have, he could be reeling you in as we speak. Wow! I love conference. So many insights. So many gospel truths made so simple to understand and relate. Love it!
Yesterday after conference we had 4 baptismal interviews and they all passed. We're gonna be having four baptisms on saturday! Crazy
Well Iove you all! Thanks for the pics! I miss you all tons! happy beginning of October! Time is flyin'! I love you all tons. Write me, or email me, let me know how you're all doing and whats new!
Love you tons!
con mucho amor,
~Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment