Hey Family! How are you all doign today! Great I hope!
How was Halloween? We aren't aloud to be out when all the trick or treaters come out.. so we went inside and played games all night.. It was a lot of fun. So what else is new? I don't know what’s going on with my family... I write you guys my weekly email to tell you what’s going on here and never really hear back from you? I believe Moroni's words were fitting when he said in Alma 60:6....
And now behold, we desire to know the cause of this exceedingly great neglect; yea, we desire to know the cause of your thoughtless state.
Haha... just kidding, I know you guys are busy.. life's crazy, but I do miss hearing from you :) Let me know what’s new.
Not too much new here. It was a pretty good week. We had some good lessons. We are working with this guy named C.. he's got a really bad smoking problems and some intense tattoos, but he wants to change his life and he really likes the Book of Mormon. He came to church yesterday and seemed to enjoy it. The only problem we’re having with him is his house is just crazy.. he lives with a bunch of friends that are just crazy and loud and come in and interrupt us and try to bash. I can easily shut them up but it makes me kind of mad that I have to do that. Its’ tough to get the spirit there... But we are working on finding a solution. We want to get him into a members home to teach him. The only problem is that there are like no members his age that he can connect with... only us. So we'll see what happens with him in the future.
We found an awesome family this week. They have 5 kids... We gotta baptize them. They are so much fun. We love them and we connected with them instantly! We got interrupted halfway through the lesson by a lady who wanted the fathers help moving into the apartment complex. We offered to help, and they were very surprised that we were so willing to do so, even in our white shirts and ties. He was like: aren't you worried you guys are gonna get dirty? Don’t worry I can get it, I don’t want you guys to look all messy... but we told him that we were here to serve and we didn't care about our clothes. We helped him a lot, actually, I think we did most of it, and I think he really liked us for our willingness to help out. He told us to come back again sometime cuz he's interested, also the lady who we helped told us to stop by sometime and talk with her… so we got two new families to work with out of that experience, it was wayy cool! I'm excited to see what happens with them! :)
We did a lot of service this week. We cook food for senior citizens and the rec. center every Wednesday. That was fun, old people are so funny. I love how mad they get and how much they complain. Never satisfied hahah... It was a blast though. We also did quite a bit of translation for the center cuz they were trying to expand their memberships and get more Hispanics there. They gave us a free membership because of how much we help out there! It’s fun.
I had to give my first 2.5 hour district meeting last Thursday... man that was intense. haha Being a district leader is getting a little more intense everyday. But I enjoy it. I'm growing so much from it. I love it :)
On Saturday we had a fun Halloween program at the church, and we did the trunk or treat. It was cool. Real trick or treating was on Friday.... kind of weird. It was a fun weekend though.
Yesterday at church was intense... people rely on missionaries so much out here its crazy... we like have to run the churches sometimes. I translated the whole sacrament meeting, followed by teaching an hour long investigator class, followed by teaching almost the whole 3rd hour 5th Sunday lesson to all the members about how they can be better member missionaries, I didn't stop talking for 3 hours... ugh. haha but it was a good experience. it made me so grateful for how well the church runs at home and how responsibilities are shared and not thrown on one person.
Anyway... pretty good week.. and now its P-day, YAya! I can relax a bit… im gonna do laundry and shop, and sleep and, hmm.. Idunno what else, read? Just take it easy and do whatever I need to do. I love you guys tons. Hope you had a good week, and I hope you have another great week! Stay safe, you're in my prayers, I love you all!!!
Much love,
~Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment